(Jotaro x Reader): Everest Lane (pt 1)

💖💕🥳Happy Black History Month!!!!! 😄✨💗💜💙 Ik it's late but I haven't really posted this month 💀

—————-

"You could tutor as a work study. You said you wanted to be TA, right? I think they start with tutoring first..." One of Jotaro's classmates said to him as they sat outside of Tesla Hall, the hall of science. "I'm doing one, maybe you'll meet others that way too."

"I told you I'm not looking to meet others," Jotaro said, gripping his soda can. It was a warm fall afternoon. Class had just finished and Jotaro's classmate, Ryou, had invited him to hang out at the wood shop. Fall semester of college had started as Jotaro expected: lots of fawning from the female counterpart, lots of homework and little relatability to others except the tolerable Ryou.

But then again, everyone loved Ryou.

"Hey, watch it!"

The boys attention was drawn to two girls across the plaza. On a path close to the science hall they were leaned against, a girl with (h/c) hair tussled with a redhead. "Hey, give it back!" They heard in the distance. The girl with (h/c) hair held a book far away from the redhead.

"Nuh ah Catia, it's my turn!" The girl with the book said. Jotaro signed at this.

"I'm especially reluctant to meet women. Such a bother." He clenched the can firmly in his hand, then taking a swig from the soda.

"Lighten up dude, you've gotta talk to a chick in order to get married to one! And besides, West Filand Uni has some of the most attractive girls I've ever seen." Ryou said, staring at the girls. He nodded his head in the girl's direction, "Like so, at 12 o'clock."

The girls laughed as they slung each other's arms over the others' shoulder. One wore skin tight jeans, and the other a mini skirt, and the sun created a glowing affect to make them look angelic in this moment. The girl with the (h/c) glanced up for a moment and made eye contact with Jotaro.

Jotaro looked away quickly. "Ah, see? There's a lucky start." Ryou said to Jotaro nudging his arm in a friendly manner.

"Shut up." Jotaro said tilting the drink up to his mouth, finishing off the rest of the drink and throwing it in the trash can next to them. He began walking away.

"Okay then, see ya later!" Ryou said happily.

This event took place a few weeks ago, and now Jotaro stood before the paper on the glass window of the library that read:

WORK STUDY AVAILABLE!

COME PICK ONE OUT TODAY!

In an instant he signed up for it, because in truth he had way more friends back home then in America. He was practically alone, and he was already a third year. Dear reader, you can imagine boredom got the best of him most times.

Or maybe it was the fact that his trip to Egypt was so eventful normal life had become boring staying in one place. After all, America was different, but it couldn't equate to the entirety of the world he'd seen.

A few more weeks passed, and Jotaro heard back from the work study. It was now Jotaro's first day on the job and he had decided to be a Calculus tutor. It was a great match—these types of tutors were hard to find, and there was a high demand for it yet there were little to no Calc tutors for free.

"Hey, you." Jotaro said to the librarian with dark skin and slicked back thick pink hair.

"Uhm, yes sir?" She asked nervously, clenching the ruler in her hand.

"Where's the best place to study?" He asked calmly through his stern gaze. The school library he was stationed in was beautiful. There were high ceilings with square windows at the top to let the light shine in. It was about five stories up and was designed with an old European gothic look with a touch of modernism. It was grand, and if any of the students found the right hidden corners they could get away with eating and talking loud.