Chapter 1

[A/N] This is my first fic. Hope you guys like it. :)

[Louis' P.O.V.]

I had known the boy his whole life. He had been my best friend ever since he moved into the house next door when I was 7 and he was 4. I knew him better than anyone else. But then he started changing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mummy, Mummy!" I yelled. "We have new neighbors!"

"Oh look we do," my mum said, as she ran a hand through my hair.

I swatted her hand away and ran to get my shoes on.

"Can we go meet them, Mum? Please!"

"Of course, Boo. Maybe they need some help unpacking."

We traveled to the neighbors house to find a chubby, curly haired boy waddling behind his mum as she took boxes in the house.

"Hello," my mum called out.

The woman jumped, clearly startled at the voice. She turned around with the boy peeking out from his curls and behind his mum's legs.

"Oh, hello," the woman said, exasperatedly.

"Hi, I'm Jay and this is my little Louis."

"I'm not little!" I whined. "I'm seven! Nearly eight."

The woman smiled as she introduced herself and the curly haired boy.

"I'm Anne and this is my little Harold. Harry or Hazza for short."

"Could you use some help?" My mum asked as she reached for the box that Anne was struggling to hold.

"Oh, yes. Please, thank you so much."

"You boys go play," Jay instructed.

I looked skeptically at the green eyed boy as he smiled shyly to me. I walked toward the boy and looked at him more closely.

"So you're Harry," I stated. He nods making his curls shake, causing me to smile. "Let's go play, Hazza."

Harry smiled at the nickname and reached his tiny hand up to mine. He gripped two of my fingers and he lead me up the steps into his new house. He toddled to the box that was labeled 'Harry' and pointed to it with a saliva soaked finger.

"Is this your toy box?" I asked and he nodded again.

I reached into the box to find cars that we proceeded to play with. I quickly decided that this green eyed boy was going to be my best friend for a long time, even though he was younger.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the years to come, staying Harry's friend proved difficult. As we grew up, my other friends judged me for having a best friend three years younger than us but I never minded. We walked home together nearly everyday. I went over to Harry's after little league football practice one day to find his face red and puffy.

"What's wrong, Hazza?" I asked as I wrapped my arms gently around him.

"Your friends don't like having me around," he mumbled against my chest, not wrapping his arms around me.

"You're upset over that?" I pull him away to arms length and looked in to his eyes.

"Yeah," he mumbled as he dropped his eyes to the ground. He shuffled his feet and shrugged with a sniffle.

"Hazzabear, look at me."

He didn't look up from his sudden fascination with wooden floor. I pulled his face up by his chin and made him look at me.

"Hey, do you remember the first day we met?"

"Yeah, we played with my toy cars."

"That was also the day that I told myself that you were going to be my best friend despite the fact that you were younger."

"Really?" Harry sniffled, wiping his nose.

"Yeah, Haz. I did."

Harry wrapped his arms tightly around my torso and I squeezed him against his chest.

"I love you, Boo Bear," Harry mumbled.

"I love you, too, Hazza bear."