↠46

Five months later

Five months later

Denial.

State of denial.

State of shock.

What's the difference?

"Congratulations, Luna. You're pregnant!" The Rieka cheered.

Right after she told me those words I walked out of the hospital without caring about anything else. I didn't know how to feel, what to think. I wanted to numb the thoughts, forget about my reality because that's how broken I felt. I was told I was pregnant and the father of my child disappeared into thin air before my eyes.

"William would never have left if he knew I was pregnant," I snapped at Bradey. Referring to the way he ran out of the castle when he realized there might be trouble. That was so stupid of him. He was unprepared and now he's gone. Bradey looks down at the ground," I know," he sighed.

When Bradey left, he ignored me for two months because he said that he needed to move on. It was his plan all along but he couldn't tell me he had to go off-grid for a bit. Bradey said he would've responded eventually though.

William is gone. I had all the men swarm the land to find him, a trace of him but there was nothing. Nights I'd wake up thinking he's home. It was just the wind. So cliche. No one gave up, they kept searching and searching. Multiple packs helped to find their King and it was all worthless.

"How do you explain this, Jayden? He just vanished! Tell me. How?" I demanded. Jayden shrugged his shoulders and glanced at Renee who was comforting me. "I don't know. Are you sure that's what you saw?" He questioned. I knew it. No one believes me.

It was hard. No one believed me for weeks until the elders came and announced that the pack rinked of black magic. Then they believed me. Then they got scared and realized my mate wasn't a coward who ran away from his duties. The foolish things they said.

"There has to be more," I insisted, looking at the piles of books about black magic. We've read every single one of them. Rieka, Erin, and I. We were on research duty and there isn't anything to help us get him back. "I'm sorry, Everest. This isn't the end, we'll find him," Rieka assured me with a tight smile.

We knew the basics. Right now we're still on the search for someone to help us who knows black magic. It's difficult since they're all in hiding or they're scared to help. Others are completely untrustworthy. I offered to learn black magic, Rieka said my trials might be bad for the baby so Renee attempted learning it instead.

"Everest, you need to go to the doctor, you need to come out of your bedroom," Bradey sighs from behind the door. I could hear how worn out he sounded. My hands were covered in black and red paint from the painting of William I just finished. I stayed up all night working on it, definitely one of my favorite artworks ever.