↠18

"He got the whole world in the form of a person in front of him

"He got the whole world in the form of a person in front of him."

I spend too much time at the packhouse these days

I spend too much time at the packhouse these days. I know the reason for that. It's obvious. It's because of her. I was fuming, marching into my office and immediately dialing Rieka's number for facetime. "Hello William, what do you want?" She answered right away. I sat down, grabbing a pen, and decided to put my anger to use.

"Why did Mr. Rowan had to tell me that you almost died in a rogue attack?" I spoke into the phone, distracted by the notes I was writing. It was good to hear her voice again.

Do I love her? Yes.

Am I in love with her? No.

I think the moment I saw Everest I was out of love but I didn't want to admit it because I loved Rieka for so long. Now, I'm happy because I don't want to be the horrible guy that's in love with another girl when he got the whole world in the form of a person in front of him.

"I'm not your concern, William. You made that very clear," she sighed and I finally looked at her. She was sitting on a sofa, her blonde hair in a messy bun and she looked comfortable and tired. "I know that. But I'm trying to be more human for Everest and I'm the bloody king, I deserve to know when one of my packs are under attack," I smirked, using her signature word bloody.

She glared at me," we had it under control. Ev made sure that the word didn't get out until we were sure of things. Everyone is fine now so you don't need to worry," she assured me. I already knew the GoldenCove pack was fine, Evander made sure of that.

"You call him Ev now," I huffed and she rolled her eyes. "Fuck off William. How's Everest? Can you give her my number? Please tell me you're being good to her and you magically changed into a good person," She changed the topic and wore a fake smile. I smiled slightly at the mention of Everest.

"I'm fucking things up," I sighed," as usual but I'm trying," I continued. Rieka shook her head in disappointment. "You need to really try. You can't expect to have a good life, to have accomplishments by just going with the flow or having others do your work. Besides that, Everest needs someone to...." she trailed off sincerely.