↠ 10

Please don't be Everest

I can finally say it

I was completely healed from the events that happened with my parents in the cave. The only thing I had as reminders were the ugly scars and horrible memories but I tried to be positive.

I'd never be the same though. My life forcefully changed and I was having a hard time keeping up with it. However, today I decided that I wasn't going to let it happen right before me and do nothing. I had to do something to adjust to this new pack.

Maybe figure out William and actually see if I could make a friend out of Bradey. I needed to go shopping but I knew nothing about this pack and I was hoping to ask Luis about that.

When he didn't come around my door at eight in the morning, I opened the door after freshly showering brushing my teeth. The packhouse was buzzing with excitement. Nobody spared me more than a second to stare and I like that about this pack.

They know how to mind their own business.

Instead of finding Luis, I found Bradey instead. I walked towards him and he noticed. His eyes widened and he did a complete one-eighty degrees turn to get away from me. He quickly walked into the narrow hallways where it was slightly dark and lonely. I followed after him, confused, and wanted to know more about what was happening.

"Bradey!" I called and after three tries he gave up and stopped walking away. "What's going on, Bradey?" I asked. My hand rested on his shoulder, he just stared at it in disgust and shrugged his shoulder away. "Don't touch me and leave me alone," he declared and began walking away.

I frowned while just standing there, not really knowing what else to do. What the hell just happened?

Did he find out something about me he wasn't supposed to?

Did he find out I lied to him about William?

"Are you okay?" I froze in shock and whipped around to only see Luis standing in the hallway. "Yes, I don't know actually. I just came to get the meds and a book to keep me occupied," I rattled off.

"Well you're actually standing in front of the library and I need to make sure you eat before giving you the medicine," he informed me, nodding his head towards the closed door. Without permission, I opened the door only to be completely blown away by what I saw.

The roof was higher than any others I've been in at the castle. The higher it went, the higher rows and columns of books went. There was a huge table in the center of it all, along with couches and cute plants. "Wow," I simply stated, walking further it to see the isles of books on the sides. That's a lot of books.

"There's an iPad on the table that shows you all the books. Select one and it will tell you where the book is located, please make sure to put the book where you found it," Luis announced making my eyes fall on the silver iPad resting on the center of the table.

"Cool," I simply said. I found it interesting that they had that since it takes hours to find a book when here, it was at the touch of a screen. "I'll go get your food, you stay here," he continued. I turned around to see him walking out of the library and closing the door behind him.

I turn back and walk towards the iPad. The first thing that popped out was a list of books with the top being 'Werewolf Basics' and the second had to be 'About the Royal Family.'

A knock on the door pulled me out of concentration. I had no idea how long I was studying the descriptions of random books. I walked to the door thinking Luis must be back with food. So why didn't he just walk in?

My mouth opened to speak to Luis when instead I was staring at someone else. "Hello," I awkwardly stated instead. It was another worker, wearing the usual uniform. "Miss, Luis sent these," the girl said, handing me the cup filled with three pills of different colors and a small glass of water.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Where's the food?" I asked her as she began to walk away. She froze momentarily before continued walking straight. I'd admit, it was suspicious but I didn't want the food anyway so I didn't bother. I shut the door and walked back to the iPad while taking half of the water, putting the tablets in my mouth, and shot it down with the rest of my water.

I must have some water before because I'll gag if I taste the tablet on my tongue.

My eyes went blurry. My eyebrows furrowed and I rubbed my eyes, hoping it was just a glitch with my eyes but instead, it got worse.

"Everest!" Alaska screamed at me. "Las?" I called back to her but got no response. I tried reaching for again but the link wouldn't let me.

"What the fuck," I mumbled when everything around me started spinning at full speed. It felt like I was drunk from driving heavy alcohol and that only happened to me once. Only, this was much worse.

I tired gripping for the table so I could hold onto something only to feel something. It felt as if I was standing strong on my feet but I remembered that i was sitting on the chair.

Everything around me stopped spinning, instead of turning into darkness and my terrified thoughts started to become blank. Suddenly, I lost control of my body with a harsh pain in my skull before my eyes shut and I was out.

What the hell was in those pills?

"What's the problem, Jayden?" I sighed out, my fingers taking through my blonde hair

"What's the problem, Jayden?" I sighed out, my fingers taking through my blonde hair. Jayden Knight, my beta, decided to interrupt me while I was working in my father's office. Well, I guess the office is now mine. But at least now I had an excuse to take a small break.

"Two people have been admitted into the hospital, William," he announced. My hands moved away from my face and I stared at him with concern. "Names and reasons?" I asked, hoping to the goddess it wasn't her.

Please don't be Everest.

"Everest Salone and Bradey Rohan. Reason is still to be determined."