↠49

"Who is Everest?"

"Who is Everest?"

"The love of my life," I repeated for the thousandth time. Her image was tattooed in my mind, I'll never forget her. In result, the man shoved me back into the tub, my head banging hard on the metal floor as the toxic water burnt my entire body. It's becoming a pattern. My body couldn't take it any longer and the last thing I heard was the ringing in my ears before the darkness swallowed me.

I swore in those couple of seconds I saw Everest standing on a beach. She was dressed in the most beautiful lavender dress, she had a silly smile that she wore and I loved, her hair looked like something out of a movie the way it moved with the wind. What caught my eyes was the baby she was cradling in her arms.

His hands dug into my shoulders and he pulled me back into reality. "Not today, we aren't done with you today," The man snickered and dragged me out of the tub. I felt like I was a sack of bones. So many places. I've been to so many places. What day it is? I have no idea. The thought I had every second of the day was that I needed to escape, I needed to go home.

Everest is home.

"I don't think Everest is the reason," the woman at the corner of the room sighed while massaging her temples. "What do you mean? The only reason he won't surrender his wolf is because my fucking worthless daughter screwed with him. He needs to forget her if any of this is going to work," he spat against her and poured another bucket of wolfsbane on my body. My jaw clenched as I tried my best to ignore the burning it left behind.

"We've done everything we can! There's simply no way to separate a wolf from its human!" She argued back, tugging at her hair in frustration. The man glared at her in a way that no man should ever look at his mate. One would assume he's about to kill her.

"I already told you, Ashley! Everest is the problem! Are you blind? It's written in the book, we just have to try one last time. If he doesn't surrender his wolf then..." he trails off to the obvious. She rolls her eyes and glanced in my direction.

"The book is stupid, let's just kill him," Ashley shrugged. "No, no. We need to learn how to separate a wolf from its human. Imagine how powerful we would be with the power to turn a werewolf into a human forever," The man objected in persuasion to his mate. She groaned and threw her hands in the air before dropping them angrily to her sides. "It's taken so much work! Thousands of people are after us, Ethan. Is it all worth it?" Ashley rethought.

"Yes!" His hand collided with the table. "We almost had Everest with the poison in the tea. Multiple times we tried to take her while training, even when she was alone at the packhouse! I'm telling you, this son of a bitch is the key to everything!" Ethan continued to shout.

My hands tugged at the chains that held me back at the mention of him taking Everest. "I'll ruin you if you touch her," I warned, and thoughts of killing the bastard resurfaced. His head snapped in my direction. His face relaxes as he looked at me with nothing but pure evil. Longer he stared, the wicked grin spread across his face.