↠33

I stare at the ceiling for minutes without moving

I stare at the ceiling for minutes without moving. My mind was racing from the events of last night. Just thinking about it made the hairs on my hands and behind my neck stand. William did that. It really happened. The more I think about it, the more I replay every single detail a frown forced its way on my face.

Why?

Well, I'm scared of myself. I'm scared of what will happen if I let William in like I did last night. We had too much wine and that escalated quickly. William isn't a boy that I throw away after. And now...I feel as if that's gonna happen. I feel as if I'm not going to take this seriously. I'm scared. Even before or after those events, we were so vulnerable and open with each other.

I like that.

I've never been like that with anyone except my brother and of course Bradey. But they're gone. I made sure it was after ten, William and Jayden should be gone by now. I'm aware that his parents no longer live in the castle, they live in a cottage in the safe and protected forest. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before making my way down the stairs. I already regretted not slipping on slippers before because the floor was so cold.

But apparently, still bearable since I continued to walk. I made my way down the stairs with the directions to the kitchen printed in my mind. Just when I was about to turn the corner, I froze upon seeing William at the door. He was just about to leave until he spots me. A smile lit up his face at the sight of me and guilt hit me like a truck hard. "Ev," he whispered and I don't wait for him to say anything else, I take the nearest exit to the massive living room. This is larger than my old house.

"Hey," William grabbed my upper arm and automatically turned me so we were face to face. "What?" The harsh tone paired with the word was a bad combination. His eyebrows furrowed, clearly shocked by my behavior. William immediately dropped my hand and took a step back. "What's wrong? What did I do?" His tone was dripping with worry and guilt as he helplessly asked.

"Nothing, shouldn't you leave? You have um...alpha stuff to do," I cleared my throat, my eyes remained on the elegant decor of the room. "I don't understand what's happening here...last night-" The words he was planning on saying wasn't heard. "Don't talk about last night," I snapped and winced at how cruel that sounded. I'm really making it obvious here.

"What the fuck Everest? You gave me permission to touch you, how could you be like this right now?" William snapped, all sadness that was previously on his face was washed away and was replaced by anger and confusion. "No, I didn't," I lied. Alaska attempted to claw her way out, whining and growling at me but I was stronger than her. I had the control after all.

"You're lying...y-you did," William stumbled back, his fingers flossed through his once neat hair. "What's wrong? What do you want from me? I'm sorry alright...but I could've sworn that last night was...permitted, I'm sorry Ev...I swear I-" William himself couldn't continue, he was confused and tried his best to reach his words out. Right now I was shattering my own heart. But we all know everything that falls breaks. Whether we like it or not.