↠19

This took so long to write because it was so difficult for some reason, hopefully you guys like this chapter.

"Harry Styles."

Humming Zara Larsson's song wow, I opened the door after the constant knocking continued

Humming Zara Larsson's song wow, I opened the door after the constant knocking continued. I hoped it was Bradey but I think we've established that it's never who I actually want it to be. His white and black suit, almost covered by splotches of blood. His lip, busted, his shoulder sagging in pain. The corner of his eyes started the blood trail, as well as the gashes on his forehead, not to mention the black eye forming and the cuts on his jaw.

"William? What happened to you?" I blurted out, grabbing his shoulder and pulling him inside the room.

He hissed in pain. "Nothing. Jayden and I had a fight, not a big deal," he grunted, walking into my bathroom. I chased after him, he was crouched down looking for something. Once he got his hands on the first aid kit, he stood up and began rummaging through the small kit for his wants.

"Let me help you," I pleaded, grabbing the kit but he immediately took it back and hit it from me by turning his shoulder. "Why did you come here then?" I questioned, folding my arms across my chest. He stopped and turned to look at me. "Because I couldn't let anyone see me like this and well...I trust you," he shrugged.

I trust you.

"Why do you trust me?" I softly asked. "You seem trustworthy, probably with your horoscope I don't know," he frustrated, finally grabbing the washcloth and dabbing it all over his face. He was doing this completely wrong. The washcloth was dry and he was cleaning his face too quickly. "William, just let me help you," I hissed, taking the washcloth out of his hand. He sighed and placed his hands down, giving in.

I ran the cloth under the warm tap water and wrang it damp before tiptoeing with a struggle to reach his face. I wasn't short than most girls, but as expected he just had to be taller. "Do you want to sit on the counter? It would be easier," he suggested. I hesitated, rethinking everything but nodded anyway. This is not a big deal, right? Before I knew it, he grabbed me by the waist and lifted me. "You're so light," he mumbled softly, placing me gently on the countertop. We were level now, my ankles locked behind his back without even realizing.

"Sorry," I mumbled and dropped my feet. "No," he instantly said, grabbing both of my thighs and bringing my feet back around his waist. "Okay um," I brushed it off and began cleaning his face. "Why do you trust me? Are you just lying?" I softly repeated.

"It's easy to, you've been through so much and normally that makes you trustworthy. Maybe I just trust you and I have no idea why. It's complicated. Maybe the mate bond but I feel safe with you, I want to protect you," he whispered the last words so soft that I barely recognized them.

"Do you trust me?" He asked, changing the topic, and my heartbeat sped up. "I...I don't but we're getting somewhere. I guess that's another thing you have be jealous of from Bradey," I truthfully said. His hand on my waist tightened but still never moved from there. "He's an idiot," he mumbled.

"No he's crazy," I corrected him, soaking the cotton in the hydrogen peroxide and cleaning his wounds of any infection or bacteria. "You know you didn't need to do that right? It will just heal like usual," he informed me. He only wanted the blood gone. "Yes but Rieka did it for me," I recalled and he shook his head with a grin on his face, the splits in his lips stretching more. "Because your healing was slowed down. My healing is perfectly fine," he corrected me. "Shut it, I already did it," I huffed, throwing the pieces of cotton in the bin near the door, and to my luck, it landed with perfect aim.

"Well thank you," he said, moving back for me to jump back on the floor and I did. "You're welcome. Can you tell me what the fight with your beta was about? Or simply tell me if it's too personal. Don't be a dick," I bluntly said. He glared at me. "I'm not the one kissing Trevor," he glared and I rolled my eyes. "You know I did that to taunt you. We were passed this!" I groaned.

"Alright, alright. I prefer to keep private. For now..." he hesitated and I nodded, understanding what he was saying. He trusts me. But not enough. We haven't gotten there. Will we ever? It's a mystery. I think we aren't at zero so that's a good thing.

"I'll take that. I should go get us something to eat," I changed the topic, not wanting him to think it's a problem that he doesn't want to tell me. He nods his head and I was the first to leave, shutting my room door behind me. The elevator ride was quick and I ran into the empty kitchen. "What's for dinner?" I asked the girl who was packaging food. She smiled at me and said," the usual. You can take two boxes." I grabbed two boxes from the small stack and utensils before running out of the kitchen. "Thank you!" I shout and the lady laughed in response.

When I entered my room again, William was sitting on my bed comfortably, his shoes off and so was his jacket. "Can I be shirtless or do you prefer if I go change?" He questioned as I placed the food boxes on the bed. "Um...change please," I shyly said. Within a second he was off the bed and out of my room. Did I choose the wrong option?

I'm always second guessing myself.

The door opened three minutes later, William casually walked in with a grey sweatshirt and sweatpants. He jumped on the bed, grabbing a box of food, and opened it up. Okay? I joined him, playing along with this and going with the flow. We sat in the middle of my bed, our feet folded with the boxes in our hand while we ate.

It just had to be alfredo pasta and shrimp, absolutely delicious. "Hey Everest," William called, grabbing my attention. I hummed in response, curious to know what he was thinking. "What's your favorite song?" He asked. I looked at him weirdly, wondering why such a basic question. "Never got to know someone before?" I observed and he rolled his eyes. "Just a normal question, so answer," he whined and I gave in.

"Cigarettes on Patios," I stated, already assuming he doesn't know the song since sadly, the singer isn't as recognized as he should be. "Haven't heard of it," he chuckled, proving my thoughts correct. "What's your favorite song, William?" I reciprocated. He grinned, thinking of his answer. "You're so golden!" He sang loudly, throwing me into a pit of laughter.

Harry Styles.

Of course.
_____________

BabyJake is possibly my favorite artist and he's completely underrated. Not everyone is going to like his music but you can take a listen to one of my favs:) It's at the top of the chapter^ Let me know if you like the song or not!♡

 Not everyone is going to like his music but you can take a listen to one of my favs:) It's at the top of the chapter^ Let me know if you like the song or not!♡