↠37

Yes, I am aware this chapter is shorter than usual. Yes, I am aware that I could've added it to the last chapter but where's the fun in that? Enjoy! Let me know your thoughts ♡

"What do you mean you're leaving?" I whimpered out since I was having a hard time processing that line. How could he be leaving? He's supposed to move into the castle with me. No, this blue-haired boy cannot leave me. He's the realist friend I've ever had in all my life and he's only been in it for a couple of months.

I know he's been going through a lot since Enrico's birthday party but I didn't think it was this awful. Bradey frowned deeper and his eyes glued to the floor. I know this was hard for him, but it was hard for me too. This was so unexpected, I'll never want him to leave me.

"I've never truly felt at home here, Everest. when you came along everything started to look up and I was feeling like I belonged but now...Enrico's gone and my life fell apart. You don't know how much I depended on Enrico for happiness. I know I sound like a dick right now, Ev but I love you so much. I'm not going to get better if I stay here, I know myself," Bradey finally explains himself with difficulty. His words hurt so bad.

"But you can't leave me, Bradey..." I cried, the tears uncontrollably slid down my cheeks. William held my hand tighter for comfort, he knows better than to do anything else. Bradey's eyes softened at the sight, I'm selfish at times. "I wouldn't be leaving now if I didn't know you'll be alright. You have William, you changed him a lot so quickly that none of us can comprehend. The difference between us is that you belong here. I'll be back, I just need to find myself and figure out what I want," he decided, standing firmly with what he wanted.

My eyes dropped to the ground as I remained deep in thought. I can't hold him back, and I don't wanna end on bad terms. He's already made up his mind anyway. I look at William, he wore a frown with sad eyes even though he didn't really approve of Bradey mostly.

"Okay....okay. Thank you for everything Bradey. I love you," I finally gasped out, my heart clenching in the process. William lets go of my hand and I rush to hug him, standing on my tippy toes. "I hope you find what you're looking for and please don't forget me. Don't be like those people in the movies and ignore me once you're on the road okay? Call me, text me, please," I continued.

"I will, promise. I'm not like that. This isn't goodbye," he kissed my palms and then my cheek before stepping back slightly. His eyes drifted to William behind me. "Take care of her man," Bradey nods his head at William. "I will, be safe," William confirmed. I walk back to him and he didn't hesitate with wrapping his hand around my waist from the side.

"See you soon, Ev," Bradey's voice breaks, emotionally it pained me to see him turn around and get into a yellow car waiting behind him. William shuts the door and I break down, falling to the ground as the tears break loose. My face was on fire, my heart was shattered into a million pieces. "Oh, baby," William's voice held pain as he joined me on the floor. He pulled me to his chest and wrapped his muscular arms around me. "It's going to be okay, he's not gone forever," He assured me, pressing kisses to the side of my face.

I know this was hard for him to see but I truly felt broken that he's leaving. I didn't prepare myself for this. Last night was amazing with him. Bradey faked a wedding proposal at the club so we can have free drinks all night. It's the reason we got so drunk in the first place.

"Fucking Zaire," I cursed. This was all his fault. I'm sure that Enrico's feelings for Bradey were real. You could've seen it in the way they look at each other. "He's going to find his other half, Ev. If this was a mistake he will come back, Bradey is a smart guy," William continued to comfort me. Suddenly, he picked me up into his arms and cradled me to his chest.

I remain quiet as I silently cried with my face buried into the side of his neck. William sat on the sofa and spread a blanket over my body. "It's going to be alright," he promised once again.

Why did it feel so hard to believe his words?