↠ 3

"I cannot be mated to the king

"I cannot be mated to the king."

I felt my eyes open when the tingles brushed up my arm

I felt my eyes open when the tingles brushed up my arm. It was faint but compelling, pulling me to the surface. I couldn't see anything but darkness. There were no stars though.

Then I realized that I wasn't awake. I was sleeping and couldn't wake up.

I tried to move my hands and legs but it felt like I was tied down to the spot. Why can't I open my eyes? Am I dead? Is this heal. Oh Goddess, I'm in hell.

"Alaska?" I called for my wolf. She whimpered in response, stirring slightly. I gave up on her and decided to let her rest. She took a lot of my pain in the two days of constant pain.

I felt someone's touch on my fingers. No matter how much I tried, my eyes simply won't open. "Wake up, please," my heart clenched at the deep and worried voice. I've never heard it before, it was definitely a male. God, his voice sounded like the closest thing to the sounds in heaven. So I'm not dead? What's happening to me.

I hear the humming of his voice again. The more I focused on his voice it got louder and louder. The white light appeared and I smiled, running towards the light and towards the beautiful voice at the same time.

My eyes opened and I gasped out.

The first thing I noticed was the white lights beaming down at me and hurting my eyes and then I looked straight ahead to the door. I was surrounded by the most delicious rain and mint scent, mixed with vanilla. It was a weird combination but certainly delicious. It didn't take long for me to realize I was at the hospital. I've been here three times after I thought I was pregnant from my one night stands. I'm familiar with the painting and room order.

However, what I wasn't familiar with was the grey eyes staring back at me. I gulped, my eyes shifting to where his soft hand was on mine and I pulled my bruised hand away. While we held eye contact, I couldn't help but admit he was very attractive.

"Mate!" Alaska possessively claimed. He was the scent in the room, he was the one I couldn't stop looking at but at this moment, as I remembered the torture I faced, I wanted him very far from me. Instead, my mate stepped closer to me and I flinched away in fear. "Get away from me," I whimpered out. The guy was taken back but stepped back until he was at the corner of the room.

Suddenly the door burst open and the doctor stepped in. The first thing I noticed was her brown eyes that were almost transparent and her blonde hair that was a similar shade to mine.
The coat she told me was a big give away that she was a doctor. Her eyes snapped to me and then to where I was looking at the guy.

Fuck, he's my mate.

"William, I'm going to have to ask you to leave," the doctor slowly advised.

William.

"What? Hell no," he growled, not wanting to leave me. I jumped, becoming terrified of his simple growl. "Please, William, only for ten minutes," the doctor continued to beg my mate. He growled again and I scoot further into the bed, my eyes watering. "I'm not leaving her, don't test me, Rieka," William growled.

"I'm going to have to see her naked, do you really want her to do that with you here?" she challenged him. His eyes widened and he walked out the door without another word.

The doctor sighed and finally walked closer to me. "I'm sorry about him," I say. I stayed quiet, not wanting to speak at all. She was pretty and she seemed friendly. "I'm doctor Rieka Knight of the royal pack, can you tell me your name?" She introduced herself. I know how hospitals work, she already knew my name from the files but I had to tell her anyway.

"E-Everest," I answered, stuttering, and Rieka smiled. "Well you're a very lucky girl, Everest," she said and I flinched at that. I'm nothing close to lucky. My parents tried to kill me. They almost did. I have no idea how I ended up in the hospital.

"Can you tell me what happened to you?" She asked me. I just blankly stared at her. Why am I alive? I'm supposed to be dead. Will they try to kill me again? Did Elian know about this?

"I'm not supposed to be alive, he wanted me dead," I choked out into a silent sob before I could even stop myself. "No one is going to hurt you again. You have Alpha Evander and Alpha William to make sure of that," she assured me but how could I believe that when the people I trusted the absolute most tried to kill me.

My parents.

My actual parents that claimed they loved me.

And it's all my fault.

I wiped my nose and eyes, changing the topic. The doctor pitied me, she felt sorry for me and I hated it. "H-How did I get here?" I asked, mentally cursing myself for stuttering again.

"Someone found you," she told me. Before I can say anything else, the door opened and Alpha Evander walked in. I tried to sit up straight out of respect but my back ached. I'm helpless. "Everest, I'm so happy to see you're okay, you gave us all a scare," Evander strictly told me. My eyebrows furrowed though. I'm not someone who the alpha should be proud of to be in his pack.

"Alpha Rowan," I greeted nevertheless. They share a conversation and now I was amused. He was so soft and relaxed with Rieka, she had to be his real mate. But one can only hope but it was a theory. Evander left and I focused back on the situation at hand.

"William," I whispered, getting the feel of his name on my tongue. "Yes, I don't mean to scare you but King William is your mate, he hasn't left your side since he brought you here," Rieka heard me. There were so many things wrong with that statement.

King William.

He was the previous king Vison's son.

Fuck. There has to be a mistake.

I cannot be mated to the king.

Secondly, how did William find me? How did he bring me to the hospital? Was he working with my parents? Is he planning on killing me too?

"He brought me here?" I asked in disbelief. Rieka only nodded and I shut my mouth. I was too caught up by the tornado of thoughts running through my mind to bother with her when she did my checkups.

I fell into a slump when she told me I was healing slowly because of the things they injected in me. There were five times in the whole two days that they injected me and I had no idea what it was. But that would make sense, they wanted to hurt me so they slowed down my healing process.

Why didn't I just stay dead?

[♡]

Thank you for 600 reads!♡