↠24

"He's lucky he's my father or else he'd be dead

"He's lucky he's my father or else he'd be dead."

"There are the retired couple," Renee grinned and threw herself into our parent's arms

"There are the retired couple," Renee grinned and threw herself into our parent's arms. "Oh, it's so good to see the castle in one piece," my mother laughed as they pulled out of the hug. Father's eyes were on me, his features were stone cold and his eyes were those of disappointment. "Let's sit down, shall we?" I cleared my throat.

We sat down around the breakfast table. Renee and I sat opposite our parents. My father kept looking at me. No one else was being so...difficult as him. My fists formed below the table. He has something to say, so why doesn't he say it? "What's the matter?" I bluntly asked my father. He sighed and shook his head. "I knew you shouldn't have gone to the GoldenCove pack. Rieka is gone, you got a useless mate and you let Alpha Evander beat your ass," he spat, finally getting it off his chest.

"Rieka is a Luna now. You couldn't keep her here even if you wanted to because that's her call and duty to make. My mate is not fucking useless. You know nothing about her," I defended. My mother frowned and Renee kept her eyes glued to her lap. They both couldn't stop this even if they wanted to. Right now I sounded like a hypocrite because at the hospital, I refused to let Rieka leave the pack but now I know better.

"So you have nothing to say about Evander?" My father bluntly asked, ignoring everything else I said. Probably because he knew I'm right. "Well...I deserved that one. I did say shit about his mate so...I don't give him wrong. I would do the same," I mumbled. It wasn't easy to admit these things out loud. This is what Rilas called 'Coming out of my comfort zone and doing the right thing.' That annoying bastard.

"Hey! I'm sexy too!" Rilas huffed and I mentally rolled my eyes at him. "You're like a whole different person, William. I knew the throne would be good for you," my mother pointed out happily. At the back of my mind, Rilas shouted that it was because of Everest, not taking the throne. It only stressed me out but I had to do this for my people. Or whatever. "Whatever, can we start to eat now?" I changed the topic. All the food was in front of us waiting to be devoured.

"Well...where is the queen now? Shouldn't she have breakfast with us? I was hoping to meet her..." my father trailed off suspiciously. She's at the gym this morning. I didn't get to see her this morning but I asked around. "Dad, leave her alone. She's been through a lot," Renee defended firstly speaking. Dad rolled his eyes and began putting food in his place and we all copied. "If you think about it, do you think she deserved it? What if she deserved you know...the whole tortured thing," he dared to say.

My hand slammed down hard on the table automatically. "Nothing she did makes it okay for her to get hurt like that! In fact, no innocent people deserve that," I growled out with power laced in my one. Rilas and I both wanted the same thing, and when that happens...it never ends well. "Alright, alright. We get the point. All I'm trying to say William is that I don't think she is....capable of being a Luna, so how could she rule as queen beside you?" My father explained, pushing over his limits.

He's lucky he's my father or else he'd be dead. The werewolf kingdom doesn't need a queen. They have me and I'll do everything in my power to make sure Everest doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to already do. Of course, if I said that to my father it would make the situation worse so I kept my mouth shut. "The boy knows his mate, Vison. The moon goddess wouldn't have placed them together if she thinks they would destroy her children," my mother pointed out. She's right...I didn't think about that also.

"Hmm...yeah whatever. Her reputation isn't good also. We did a lot of background checking on her, it isn't looking good what her old members are saying," my father recalled casually while buttering his toasts. "They're just jealous dad. She was better than them. William isn't perfect either. He's a stubborn, idiotic bully. Everyone has their flaws. Stop bringing up the girl past life. I'm sure she wants to change," Renee defended again.

Thank Goddess.

"Fine, alright. I still need to meet her soon though," father finally gave up and we all sighed in relief. I'll have to make sure that dad never goes near Everest. He's usually not like this but I'm afraid of what he would tell her. I fucked up yesterday with Zaire, she can't give me all the blame. It could've gone down worse. Now we were not exactly on good terms, she's been avoiding me and I've been giving her space.

Not for longer though, I need to see her. "Let's eat," my mother agreed with a plastic smile on her face.

Finally, we can eat food.