↠27

"Because she doesn't live here

"Because she doesn't live here."

My body dropped dead on the ground

My body dropped dead on the ground. I feel like I'm dead. My eyes shut and I patiently waited for the life to be sucked out of me. The sun was shining bright in my eyes, making it hard to fall into the darkness.

Yet I'm so exhausted.

The light was gone and I opened my eyes. William looked down at me in his sweaty glory with a smug smile on his face. "Did you enjoy killing me?" I asked referring to how hardcore training was today. "Of course I did. But now I realized that wasn't a smart decision since I need a favor," he hesitated. William stretched his hand out to me and I gladly grasped onto it so he could pull me up.

"And what's that favor?" I wondered while dusting off my pants. "Dinner tonight...with my parents...at the castle," he revealed. My heart that was slowly falling back into a normal rhythm went sky high again. Is he trying to kill me? Parents? I don't do parents. Hell...even my parents tried to kill me. "Oh um...I thought you didn't want anyone to know but um...you know," I say with my eyes on the people chatting around us. We were in our world. "Well...I don't mean that now and um...they uh really wanna meet you," he struggled with his hand on the nape of his neck.

My eyes snapped to his. Those deep grey eyes. I nod my head while gladly accepting that information. Parents are scary. "I haven't been to the castle since the first day I was here though," I mumbled. "Yeah well...Renee suggests that it's in a private place. If you get uncomfortable, we'll leave. I promise," William offered.

"So you'll go?" He excitedly says, his lips pulling into a big smile. All it took was a nod for him to hug me. William is a hugger deep down inside, I know it. I hug him back automatically because I didn't want him to regret it. "Can I pick out your outfit? I don't want you to stress on it," William suggested. That's a relief. "Yeah sure, save me from the struggle," I agreed.

William smiled brightly, much different from the fixed cold features he had while training his pack members. "Let's go," his fingers easily slipped between mine and he pulled me to the packhouse. It's a shocker he didn't care about the people looking at us. Not even a little. When we made it back to my room I dropped on the bed and watched as William go through all the clothes I had on the racks of my closet. Eyebrows were furrowed, his eyes would scan over ever detail my dresses or shirts had to offer.