↠43

Surprise!♡
(In case anyone was confused, this chapter is a different day from the previous chapter.)

"Just call him, you can't just show up unannounced," Evander encouraged me. I'm contemplating on it. We were already two minutes away from the Royal pack. What's the sense in calling him then? But Evander was right. They could be really busy, or not home or something. And also, the guards need to know beforehand.

Crap, we really should've called before getting on the road. "Fine," I huffed and Evander smirked, knowing he was right. It took about four rings before William finally picked up the phone. "Hey, William," I faked the bravery and just ripped the bandaid off.

"Fuck," he gasped and I heard a smacking sound oddly. My eyebrows furrowed as I thought the worst but William quickly covered it up. "Hey, Rieka. What's the occasion?" He asked breathlessly. Evander ran his hand up and down my inner thigh and I glare at him to stop. We took a small break at the back of his car thirty minutes ago and at this rate, we'd never reach.

"Um...nothing really. Ev and I thought it would've been a great idea to drop by for a bit," I shrugged and nervously waited for his reaction. "What? Where are you?" He blurts out and I wince. "A couple of minutes away," I nervously said. "Fuck- Everest, stop that- uh okay sure, I'll see you then," He groaned before cutting the phone off. I look at it weirdly in my hand.

He just? What?

"Ten bucks they were having sex," Evander announced as I shoved the phone into my pocket. I glared at him, his suggestion could be accurate though. "Oh shut up, they weren't," I denied even though I had the same suspicion. Less than a minute later we were stopped in front of the black gates. The guards surrounded the cars and all it took was one look at one of them.

"Rieka," the guard blurted out upon seeing my face and he immediately opens the gates. "Thank you!" I shout as Evander drives off. "Are we gonna get mobbed and stuff?" Evander smirked, clearly trying to piss me off. "Fuck you," I snapped and he quickly leans over the console to kiss my cheek without crashing the truck. "That's your job, baby," Evander proudly says. I glare at him and thankfully, we were in front of the castle.

We got out of the truck and locked it before opening the golden doors. "Am I gonna get punched again?" Evander asked as we walked through the familiar castle that I once called home. "Depends on what mood Jay is in," I mumbled truthfully. Jayden still isn't fully on team Evander and I don't think he'll ever be. "Great," he huffed with a sigh and held my hand anyway. Firstly, we walked into the kitchen only to freeze in our places.

Renee looked like a mess. She had bruises on her hand and neck, ones that made me wonder if she was being abused. On her neck were hickeys that went all the way down to her chest. She shorts she wore was falling apart and the tank top barely covered anything. Due to past experiences, I could tell the clothes were ripped.