↠47

Three months later(Eight months after William disappeared)

Three months later
(Eight months after William disappeared)

When the threats came we knew we had to keep him hidden. They claimed a woman couldn't do what William was doing and every man behind him over the thousands of years. It shattered me when I gave the couple my baby.

Around his neck was a chain that William wore often. I don't know what the chain meant to William or if it valued anything but Aisen needed part of his father with him. It was the closest thing I could find. As the blue range rover drove away, I felt numb. Not knowing when again I'll get to hold my child in my arms. They tried to help me, save me. I threw myself into a cycle that involved learning how to be a good luna queen as well as figuring out black magic.

What we saw that night eight months ago was an illusion. No hooded transparent dark men were walking through the forest. William fell perfectly into a trap. We did everything, visited all of his enemies throughout the years, followed every lead of all the witches that practiced black magic. Witches were so difficult to get a hold of.

It's been three months since he was born. Three months since I held him on my chest. Three months since my life felt purpose. I've been going non-stop, distracting myself so all of this would be worth it. Video calls and pictures were enough to hold onto. Aisen is an angel.

Aisen Hayes Covet

Now today was finally the day I get to hold my baby boy again. Thinking about it made me emotional. Erin, Renee, and I drove four hours to get to this cabin. I feel like I've gone crazy during those four hours, always glancing at the GPS and the time on my phone. I was the first to get out of the truck before Erin managed to park the vehicle.

The door opens and Mikey waited for me. Rieka knew exactly who to call when we realized that Aisen couldn't stay at the castle. Iris, GoldenCove's fake Luna before Evander found Rieka, and Mikey, Rieka's old friend. "Where is he?" I impatiently asked Mikey. His eyes were on the surroundings, making sure we weren't followed. "Playing in the living room, come in quickly," Mikey pulled us inside and pointed to the right. Iris looked up, her eyes bright with shock as she held Aisen.

My eyes fell on the baby on her lap dressed in a pastel blue and white onesie with a cute matching hat and fuzzy socks. "My sweet boy," I cried and carefully picked him up into my arms. His eyes lit up at the sight of me and I smiled through the tears. "Hi baby, hello," I say. He's grown so much and he fits much better in my arms. Before I thought I would've dropped him over how small he was.

His bright blue eyes stared back at mine, his little hands moving around. He's such a golden baby. So beautiful. He only giggled and makes baby noises though I felt the connection between us. I've missed him so much. "Aisen," his name makes him squirm as he giggled. Aisen's face relaxed as his tiny hand touched my cheek. My heart slowed down at that moment, nothing but my love for this baby was the only thing that kept me alive.

"He's so pretty, Ev," Renee compliments beside me. "Yeah, yeah he really is," I agreed and finally looks away from the baby and attempted my best to blink away the tears. "Thank you both so much for looking after him, I don't know how to ever repay you. You'll never know how much I hated it but it needed to be done, thank you," I say to Iris and Mikey who was sitting on the sofa.

"Of course, it's the least we can do, he's been a very quiet and easy baby," Iris compliments and Mikey confirms with a nod. They had smiles on their faces, not looking bitter at all about it. That was a relief. They had such a major responsibility. They're the reason my baby is okay.

"I'm so proud of you, Everest. It's only been eight months and everyone knows your name. You're glowing, don't give up, ever," Iris continued. I nod my head even though I was hesitant about it. So hard to believe.

"We're bringing him home," I decided, taking everyone by surprise. That wasn't the plan. The plan was just a visit but I cannot go longer without having my baby home. I only had him for two days before giving him to Iris and Mikey. "Everest, I don't think that's-" Renee attempted to interrupt.

"I don't care. I'm his mother, I'll protect him."

Aisen is pronounced as Acen

Aisen is pronounced as Acen. I just thought that Aisen looked prettier:)