↠34

I know the chapter is short:) but necessary♡

Alaska felt elated.

Broken at the same time because that's how werewolves are. Our other halves aren't supposed to be with anyone else at all, of course, modern society bend rules...including myself. Nevertheless, she was very hurt to learn that William loved another. I understood but I still felt hurt and wanted to be alone.

Using this opportunity, Alaska shifted for the first time in so long. Now I regretted not shifting sooner because the transformation kind of hurt. Now we were deep in the forest, following the sound of water. It had to be a lake or river or something. Alaska was running around, stretching her legs as the wind filtered through her fur. The twigs and leaves crunched below her paws, she jumped over logs and between low trees.

It was only when she heard a heartbeat, she stopped. "What's the matter?" I asked her in which she whimpered as her response. That's weird. Alaska followed the beating heartbeat and eventually I heard it too. It was beating at a normal pace which makes me think the person is sitting or sleeping or something. We got closer to the sound of water but it wasn't moving much. We walk into the small clearing with the beautiful lake in the center. Laying in the grass as if he was about to make a snow angel, Bradey didn't care about the world.

There beer bottles and a flask was around him. His eyes snapped open and he sat up at the sound of movement. "Shit," he cursed and attempted to back away from me. "Who are you?" He asked and patiently waited for a mind link. Alaska tilted her head to the side adorably while staring at a scared and confused Bradey.

Using her snout Alaska spelled my name in the dirt. Bradey's lips formed an o in realization," that makes sense," Bradey mumbled to himself and Alaska nods her head. "Here," he says as he swiftly pulled his shirt off his body and wrapped it around her neck. Following his silent orders, Alaska runs behind the tree and I shifted into human form. I slipped on his shirt before walking back to him. The blue shirt was oversized for Bradey so it was even bigger for me, ending right above my knees, and the sleeves ended below my elbows.

"She's pretty," Bradey compliments as I walk back and sat down next to him on the grass. "Yeah, she is," I agreed with a sigh and rest my head on his shoulder. There was silence as we looked at the lake for a few seconds until I paid attention to the sniffling. "It hurts so much, Ev," Bradey's voice breaks at the confession. My heart shattered even more for him. Bradey doesn't deserve this.

"He chose him...they're gone. For a little while at least but it hurts how easily he broke my heart. Broke all the promises, it hurts. I swallowed every single lie he told me and I can't do anything about it because he's gone. I can't believe I'm this heartbroken over a sixteen year old boy," Bradey laughed through his tears.

I hugged him tighter and he held me back. It ached me how badly he needed this hug and no one was there for him for days. "It's going to be hard, I know it but stay strong. It's gonna be okay, I promise. You have me and you're going to find someone else. Enrico wasn't the one for you, there's another man made for you perfectly. Just be patient," I softly assured him. Once again, William comes to mind.

"I know, I know," Bradey nods his head. "I'm ready to go back to the packhouse. Can we have a movie night tonight?" Bradey changes the subject before I can say anything. The guilt makes me pull away and I turn to him. "I sorta don't live there anymore," I nervously said.

"What!? How!?" He blurts out in shock. "I moved into the castle...." I hesitated. Bradey stares at me for seconds with a loose jaw as expected. "You rich bitch!" He screams and I threw my head back in laughter. "No, no. Would you like to come live with me though?" I asked casually.

His jaw dropped again as he stared at me. "Would I? Fuck yeah! But would daddy Willy allow that?" Bradey wiggled his eyebrows. "We can figure something out, if you don't get to stay then I'm leaving," I shrugged my shoulders and turned back to the glistening water. And now it was all worth it because Bradey's smiling.

"Hey, Ev? Let's go clubbing."