↠14

"Not so loud, Everest

"Not so loud, Everest."

I managed to find myself in the art room

I managed to find myself in the art room. It was a massive room similar to the library and I easily gravitated towards the painting section. "You paint?" I looked across the room to see no other than Bradey, sketching away on a sketchbook. "I like to, fairly good at it," I shrugged. I wouldn't consider myself anywhere near to an artist but if I have an image to paint and pure silence, I'll do it with ease.

It was one of the things I kept personal to me. "I'd love to see what you got," he grinned. I simply looked away and grabbed a blank white canvas, some brushes, and paints before getting to work. I sat on the stool with the canvas on the stand in front of me.

It was a simple sunset picture in the end, with bright trees and blackbirds in the air. People filtered throughout the room, and even Bradey left to help out in the kitchen. I decided to wrap up and take the picture back to my room. Conveniently, there was a hideous vase that was top fancy for my liking so I placed the canvas in front of it. At least now there was a personal touch.

I've been getting lonely. There are only so many books one has read but I needed to get myself a phone and more clothes since I've been getting tired of the other ones. Also, I forgot how difficult paint could be to get out of your skin. Nevertheless, my skin was baby-soft and I didn't take long to knock out once my head hit the pillow.

_♤_

"Luis," I smiled and opened the door. It was the next morning, actually almost noon when Luis decided to finally pay me a visit with a tray of food. "I thought the incident scared you off," I added. He innocently laughed and handed me the tray. I turned around and left it on the table. "They told me to lay off with the medication but now you have new ones for a week and then you're done. However, William advised that you start training with the rest of the pack," he informed me.

"What?" I bluntly asked. My hands itched to punch William in his perfect face. Okay, Calm down Everest. He probably just mentioned it and hoped that I would agree. It wasn't like he was forcing me to, right? "Yeah," Luis innocently confirmed again. I plastered a fake smile on my face," thank you, Luis. I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow morning?" I assumed.

Luis nodded and said his goodbyes, then left. I waited five minutes after he left before doing anything. In that time I changed my clothes and devoured food and tea as well as listening to instructions and taking the medication. I was trying to stop thinking about William and how angry he made me but it was almost impossible.

I pulled the door open and shut it behind me before storming off to the elevator. William's office wasn't hard to find, the label on the door was a huge give away though. He was sitting behind the table, typing away on the computer and already looking stressed. "Everest," his eyes snapped to mine.

I ignored the pull between us and begged Alaska to stop how strong the mate bond was being but sadly she was no help. "I heard you want me to start training? Who are you to decide that for me?" I exclaimed. He shifted slightly, probably not expecting me to know this information. "Be mature and think about it, Ev. I'm tired of us arguing all the time. Do you want to be cooped up in your room and watch Disney movies with Brandon all day?" He assumed.

"Firstly, it's Bradey and secondly, that doesn't sound too bad. I was training to become a warrior in high school, I deserve a break," I defended.
"High school prepares you for training, it isn't actual training. It's your decision if you want to or not. You don't have to go on runs and stuff, just some self-defense classes and there is a gym upstairs," William elaborated and I wished he just gave me what I want even though training would be very beneficial.

"Are you calling me fat!?" I blurted out. "Goddess," he mumbled, shutting the laptop and rubbing his eyes out of frustration. "You're anything but fat, Everest. Even if you were the training isn't to get you skinny it's to help you fight and protect yourself," William admitted with soft eyes. "Why are you being so calm and nice all of a sudden?" I suspiciously looked at him. Something was up, I knew it.

"I'm just tired. Can we have this conversation later? I haven't slept since last night," he mumbled. Alaska whimpered at the back of my mind and I pushed her the furthest away.

"That's...." I tried to say but nothing came out. I was speechless this time. "Don't you have some boy to flirt with, Everest?" He flatly asked. There it was again, the anger bubbling inside. "You're my mate, you bastard!" I almost shouted.

His eyes widened and he was quick to push off the chair and strode towards me. "Not so loud, Everest," he hissed. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "You know what William? You just have to accept that you're the worse king this kingdom could ever have. You're cruel and rude and careless and selfish!" I rambled off, not caring what I was saying, the words sort of just flew out.

He was surprised, taking seconds to respond. "Maybe your right! But I know a thing or two about you, Everest. You're a fucking whore. How do you expect me to have a queen like that?" He scoffed. Here we go back again with this queen thing. Can't he understand I don't want to rule a kingdom with an asshole like him?

"That has nothing to do with this," I defended. William raised his eyebrow at me, his eyes staring deep into mine. "You're the one that started bashing me in the first place. It's like you like shouting at me," he simply said. My mouth shut when I realized he was telling the truth. I started it this time but I didn't like what he said so I wasn't going to stand there and accept it. "Fine. I'll leave but I'd like to get some more clothes. The ones you gave me were fine but I need some other stuff," I trailed off, changing the topic.

"I'll clear my schedule someday and take you," he agreed, turning and walking back to his desk. That's it? No other comments or snarky remarks? He agreed? That was beyond surprising.

"Okay," I mumbled, hesitantly leaving even though deep down I wanted more from him.
.....
I had no idea what to do for this chapter so I just winged it. Thank you guys for reading anyway:)