Epilogue

𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓪𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮...

Ellanora became tired in her older years. She wanted to settle down now that she was too old to do any law work so she left for the country side once she hit 60.

She wanted nothing more then to relive the days she once hated. Although they were hard and annoying at times, she longed to run down valleys and fly away with the wind.

Now she sat at her front porch watching the sun set over the valley. The towns and cities were filled with new life and technology, which had no eyes with Ellanora.

The days of the west were long dead as the new area came in full swing.

Ellanora still met with Curtis. He became less of an interviewer as Elle started to ask questions about his life with his parents she once knew.

Curtis had grown to love reading, getting lost for hours in the words on paper. He went to school for journalism and did some work for people in Colorado.

Curtis told Ellanora that he had always wanted to write a book but never knew what to write about. It wasn't until his mother's death was he reminded of the story of the heroic man saving his wounded friend, did he know what he was writing about.

"When she died," he said one day to her, "I wanted to tell a story that meant something to her. Growing up she would always tell your story and how Doc Holliday showed up one night with you bleeding out in his arms."

Curtis wanted nothing more than to honour his mother Emily, with the story that helped her push herself to new levels.

"Did she paint Doc as the hero?" Elle asked softly.

Curtis looked to the older women and smiled, "The best hero there ever was."

As the months passed by, Elle found herself becoming more and more sick. She was weak and tired. Her body could no longer keep up with her wild dreams for her younger days.

She didn't go to a doctor, because she knew the news she would receive, and she didn't like Doctors after Doc's death.

Curtis noticed the women's health declining as his visits continued. He become worried for her as she knew many things about his mother, and she had become like an aunt to him.

One evening the two sat on the porch, no words were needed for this solemn feeling moment.

"I want to go back to Colorado." Ellanora said not looking to the man.

Curtis turned to her, remembering her words many months ago when she said she hadn't gone back since Doc's death.

So Curtis did just that. He took the older women on a train and across the valleys she once travelled back to the resting place of her late husband.

The sun was high in the sky when they made it to Colorado. Elle wore all black, still in her pants and button ups. She placed Doc's hat on her head as the cemetery came into view.

The city had changed, it was no longer filled with dusty roads and horses. It had automobiles and trams throughout the town. It had become a city.

The old women drew a sharp breath as Curtis held her arm from the train station. Elle felt herself slip from his grasp and walk towards the gate.

Once she past the threshold of the cemetery, she felt like her younger self. Like she transported back to the day Wyatt, Virgil and herself, buried him on the hill, over looking the city.

Walking down the path, she remembered exactly where his grave was, as she visited it so many times in her dreams. The stone stood tall on the back of the sun, it's shadow cast over Elle as she walked closer.