Chapter 26

𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓫𝓮 𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓯 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓪𝓲𝓭 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓲𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼 𝓔𝓵𝓲𝔃𝓪

Eliza sat back in her chair a huffed the smoke from her cigarette out of her mouth. She watched Elle as she herself waited for her response. They had sat down in the saloon next to the brothel that Eliza owned. Ellanora had told her everything. From her arrival in Tombstone to going back to the farm. She left no detail out.

"So let me get this straight," Eliza said closing her eyes to think, "you want to use my brothel business to get with a man to learn information?"

"Yes a cowboy." Elle replied. "Please Eliza. One of them killed my parents and Henry." She whispered leaning over the table.

Eliza looked at Ellanora with sad eyes and turned to the window. The saloon was empty except for the barkeep cleaning some cups and stocking the drinks behind the counter.

"Alright. But this will be bad for business." Eliza joked.

"Thank you. If anything happens it will be on me, I promise." Eliza laughed at Elle.

"On one condition though." Eliza sat up and leaned towards the girl in front of her. "I want to meet this group."

"What for?"

"Do you want my brothel or not?" Eliza raised her eyebrows. Elle nodded. "Well, let me meet these men you've travelled with."

"Alright. But I just warn you Doc Holliday is quite the character."

"I'm sure." Eliza gave Elle that type of look which made Elle huff, shaking her head at her family friend.

Eliza Raymond was Ellanora's mother's friend. Eliza was about ten years younger then her mother but they were close. Eliza wanted to marry rich, which she did, Peter was his name. He died so Eliza did what she did best. Seduce men for a living. She was famous for it in these parts, she there was a high chance cowboys had heard of Miss Eliza and her girls. Eliza told Elle that her girls never did anything they weren't comfortable with. Eliza took care of girls and young women who were outcasts and made them into good people. Most of the time these girls would go off and marry into a good family.

Ellanora respected Eliza with all her heart. She looked up to Eliza and her badass nature. Elle looked up to her and Eliza helped shaped who she was today. Eliza taught her not to take any bullshit from men. That men are nothing without the women in their lives.

"If your going to work in my brothel, your gonna need to dress up." Eliza said standing up.

"I've got some money, so I'm going to need your help." Elle stood with her and they both walked out into the street.

"Nonsense girl," the older women smacked her arm with her gloved hand. "You can look through my collection."

"Oh no Eliza I couldn't-"

"Anna, dear," she linked her arm with Elle's. "I've got the best dresses in town, you won't find anything good here. I insist."

Ellanora sighed and agreed making Eliza clap her hands and giggle.

"Before that I wanna meet these men you've been working with."

"Of course but," Elle hesitated, Eliza turned to her. "I go by my middle name, and moms last name."

"Ellanora Raycroft?" Eliza questioned, Elle nodded which earned and huff from Eliza. "But Anna Peterson is precious, why change?"

"I couldn't have people calling me by a name that brings back so much pain." Elle spoke softly.

Eliza lifted Elle's head so she could look into her eyes, "But look at you now, a lady wearing pants." She laughed causing Elle to chuckle. "You are so strong Anna, you always have been."

And with a kiss on her forehead, Elle smiled and Eliza linked her arms back with Elle's.

Eliza led Elle into her brothel. Eliza said hello to some young women who were smoking and looking at Elle up and down. They eyed Elle with disgust which made her lower her head to cover her eyes with the brim of her hat. Eliza led Ellanora to the second floor and into a big room. The room was plain, a bed, a vanity filled with makeup, and off to the side was all the dresses and shoes Eliza owned.

"Take your pick honey, it's all yours." She said as Elle walked past her.

Elle gazed upon the many dresses on Eliza's rack. Different fabrics and colours shined in the sunlight as Elle lay her hands on them, running her fingers through the silk.

"Red would look good on you, maybe a deep blue." Eliza said peeking at some of her dresses.

"Do you have any darker ones, like black?" Elle asked.

Elle looked at her and raised her eyebrows. She gave the young woman a smirk and wiggled her finger for her to follow her. In the corner was a box under the rack of shoes. Pulling it out, Eliza lay it on her bed and opened it up. Inside was a night sky dress, with a deep neck that would expose her chest. Elle ran his fingers across the seams and looked at her friend.

"This one."

"This dress is only for special occasions." Eliza said, "but I get to give you a makeover, I consider this a very special occasion."

Eliza closed the box up and told Elle it would be waiting here for her. Eliza then asked Elle to take her to the guys who were still waiting for her on the outskirts of town. Elle agreed and told Eliza to meet her outside by Ash. Eliza wanted to 'dress up' for the guys. Which earned a scuff from Ellanora.