Chapter 39

𝓦𝔂𝓪𝓽𝓽 𝓔𝓪𝓻𝓹 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓯𝓪𝓽𝓮.

Wyatt paced the floor as he watched his friend shake and cough with every passing minute. He couldn't bare to see his friend like this, he was a brother to Wyatt. Now he was on deaths door because of him.

They had made it a Hooker's ranch, Henry Hooker invited them to stay for a while as Doc got some rest. But Mr. Hooker told Wyatt that Doc might not survive this. He was already really sick, now he's pushed himself so far.

"He seems to be getting worse." Henry said shaking his head to Doc. "I'm not sure what to tell you my friend."

Wyatt couldn't disagree with him, Doc was getting worse.

"I know you boys have got to keep movin', but he looks pretty bad to me." Henry said before looking to Wyatt.

"I can't lose him." Wyatt said to Hooker.

"You seem pretty determined, so did he when he arrived. Babbled about some girl he loved named Elle." Hooker said.

Wyatt finally looked at Henry. "She's another member of our group. Ellanora Raycroft, she was taken yesterday."

"Oh I'm sorry." Hooker mumbled, "it must be hard for him to lose his wife."

Wyatt looked at Henry, shaking his head he had to chuckle, "oh no, Doc and Ellanora aren't married, they're-" Wyatt stopped, he didn't know what they were to each other.

Henry nodded, "I understand."

The sun blared down on Elle as she was being held on the back of Ringo's horse. She dared not to move as her chest was leaned up against his back. She could smell the alcohol on his shirt and sighed to herself. They were settled on top of a hill and Ringo had jumped off the horse, making a cowboy hold it so Elle couldn't run off.

A horse approached causing Elle to look up. On the horse was a familiar face, it was McMaster's. She felt joy in her heart in hopes that he was there to save her, that Doc was near by with Wyatt and the others, ready to save her.

Oh how she longed to be by Doc.

Pushing those thoughts aside and yelling at her mind to stop thinking such things, she watched as McMaster's jumped off his horse and glance at Elle.

"Well if it isn't our favourite traitor." Ike Clanton said as he pumped his shotgun.

Ringo out his hand up to stop Ike, "Let's see what he has to say."

"Ringo, I think it's time for this to end." McMaster's said approaching his old gang.

Ringo put his arm around McMaster's and laughed, "I agree, this is a game not worth playing anymore."

Elle watched the two walk further away, making it hard for her to hear them, but she saw the other cowboys start to pull out their guns and load them. Panicking, she looked towards McMaster's who was still with Ringo. Ike laughed under his breath next to Elle, making her know the outcome of this conversation. Ringo then let his old friend go and walked away, Ike moved closer as soon as McMaster's turned around. Ringo raised his hand and gun shots and smoke filled the air.

Elle screamed as she watched her friend be shot by Ike, falling to the ground and be pulled away by other cowboys. Screaming she let tears fall from her face and struggled with the ropes around her wrists. She managed to pull herself off the horse, falling to her knees and pushed herself up. Ringo wrapped his arm around her waist and stopped her and she wiggled and thrashed her body at his touch.

"That's enough from you." He grumbled as he threw Elle into the arms of a few other Cowboys.

They slapped her around and pulled her back to the horse, tying a handkerchief around her mouth. Breathing heavily, she watched as the cowboys tied McMaster's body to the back of a horse.

"Bring him to Hooker Ranch, Earp is there. Tell him to meet me at Silver Springs canyon, 7am." Ringo turned away and looked at Elle on the horse. "Tell him if he wants Miss Raycroft back, he needs to fight me one on one."

Elle looked at Johnny, their eyes burned into each other. If looks could kill, Ellanora would have killed Ringo by now.

The cowboy nodded and whipped his horse, making the body of McMaster's follow him from behind, being dragged in the dust. Elle watched her now dead friend be dragged down the valley and towards the hills.

Johnny climbed his horse with Elle tied and mouth covered on the back of his horse.

"This ends tomorrow boys!" Ringo yelled.

Cheering erupted from the group of cowboys nearby. Meanwhile Elle felt scared. Wyatt was going to die tomorrow morning.

Back on Hooker Ranch, Wyatt had just been surprised to see Josephine Markus, the actress back when he was in Tombstone. Sitting on the deck of Henry's house, he thought of what his next move was. His attention was turned to hills when he saw a horse race down the valley, with something being dragged behind it. Turkey Creek, and Texas Jack also saw it, along with Henry Hooker.

"What the hell is that?" Jack asked.

Suddenly the man on the horse dropped whatever was trailing behind him and ran away a few feet. The three men ran to the hills and saw the body of their friend.

"They got McMaster's." Turkey Creek said.

The three men looked away as their friend was covered in blood as well as dust and blood. He had been dragged from some ways, making him look worse then being shot.

"Ringo wanted to make sure he got your attention Marshall!" The cowboy yelled making the three look up at him. "He wants a straight up fight, just you and him, to settle this thing once and for all!"

Wyatt began to pace while keeping his attention to the cowboy.

"If you wish to see Miss Raycroft, go to the Oak grove at the mouth of Silver Springs canyon, 7 o'clock. If you don't, she dies!"

"You tell him I'll be there!" Wyatt yelled, his voice filled with rage.

"Are you crazy?" Turkey Creek questioned.

Wyatt pushed his friend away, still glaring at the cowboy. "I'll be there!"

The cowboy smirked and raced off down the hill, leaving the two men watch as Wyatt stomped back to Hooker Ranch.

Wyatt walked into the house and turned to the bedroom, where he saw Doc Holliday now awake. Weak and pale, he was alive and conscious. Looking at his friend, he felt his heart break.

Wyatt had to save Ellanora, for Doc. But Wyatt knew, he knew he was going to die.