Chapter 37

𝓗𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓷𝓮.

The trio raced out of the barn, rushing past the cattle they ended up behind the house where they saw McMaster's in the valley. Another gun shot ran out to their left causing the horses to stir. Turning, the three saw another group of cowboys chasing Turkey Creek and Texas Jack.

"You've got to be kidding me." Wyatt muttered.

"We've got to draw them away." Elle said.

"Wyatt you join Creek and Jack, we'll head to McMaster's." Doc said as Wyatt nodded.

The three split off, Wyatt going left, and Holliday and Ellanora straight ahead.

In now time McMaster's joined the two and started to shot his gun at the group. Elle took out her shotgun from her saddle and began to fire at the cowboys. Dodging their bullets, Elle spotted a cowboy racing towards the house.

"Emily!" She yelled as she urged Ash to race after him.

"Ellanora!" Doc yelled after him.

Doc was about to race after her but more cowboys joined from the horizon, they were now outnumbered. Wyatt, and the two other men joined the group.

"We've got to run!" Texas Jack said looking over his shoulder.

"Where's Ellanora?" Wyatt asked firing his gun and killing a cowboy.

"She went back to house!" Doc said as bullets buzzed past him.

Elle felt the wind slap her cheeks as she saw the cowboy in her sights. A bullet flew past her causing her to turn over her shoulder, two more cowboys were close behind her. She didn't have time to slow down and aim her pistol at the two, she had to get to the house before the cowboy did.

Dodging their bullets, the cowboy turned the corner and she saw him pull his gun out and aim it at the house. Elle in a whirlwind, lifted her shotgun and blew the guy back, his blood showing the ground.

Elle looked up to the window where she had stayed and saw Emily peeking from behind the curtains. Giving her a nod, Elle smiled but was cut off by the yelling of now four cowboys after her.

On top of the hill, Wyatt saw Elle in the valley in front of the house.

"Ellanora West!" Wyatt yelled, his voice echoed off the hills.

Elle heard Wyatt, looking towards the sun she raced past the house, the cowboys close on her tail. She was now alone with four cowboys. Racing up the hill and down the valley again, she saw the rocky Mountains where Wyatt had talked about if something like this were to ever happen.

"If they were come here," his voice echoed in her memory, "go to the rocky canyon west of the house, you can lose them there."

Hearing that in her mind, she filled herself with determination and kicked Ash to run faster. Ducking away from as many bullets as she can, she reached the rocky ground and began to weave her way through the maze of rocks. Turning each way she heard the cowboys yell to each other, making her smirk.

A horse running was heard from the ledge above Elle, looking up she saw Wyatt, Doc, Jack, McMaster's and Creek all run above her. Smiling up at them she saw them run further in so they wouldn't be seen by the cowboys.

Slowly Ash down, she tucked herself away into a little corner, away from the mail trail. She saw the cowboys run past her and stop at the dead end. Elle took this moment to push Ash to start running. Ash ran, and was headed straight for the cowboys. Elle kept her eyes straight ahead as the cowboys saw her running as fast as a bullet, head on to them. Moving out of the way, on feel off his horse leaving only three to take care of.

Ash then turned and jumped himself onto the next ledge, the cowboys not far behind. Elle laughed and rubbed Ash's neck as he continued to race through the rocky land.

Turning a few more corner, the bullets hitting rocks and breaking them to dust, she saw a clean path to jump a ledge to get to Wyatt and the others. The group sat on their horses far up on the ledge, but Elle saw them. Smiling to herself, she urged Ash and once they reached the ledge he took a leap of faith.

But everything seemed to go in slow motion. As the two were jumping through the air, a lasso wrapped itself around Elle, causing her to go flying back to the ledge she had jumped with while on Ash. The horse landed safely on the other side but Elle had landed face first on the ground. Hearing men laugh, she tried to push herself up by her arms were stuck to her sides by the rope around her body. A few more lassos were thrown over her head causing her to push herself up. But Elle was knocked down again after a boot had kicked her in the face.

Groaning, she lay on the sand, pain pushing its way back into her leg as it started to bleed even more.

"Got you now you little bitch." One cowboy laughed.

Elle looked to the ground and realized that she had been caught. The cowboys had caught her. More cowboys piled into the canyon, causing Elle to be outnumbered. It was one to fifteen.

Looking up to the ledge where Wyatt was, she saw Wyatt and Doc watching from up high. His eyes cried out for her. He wanted to shoot them all. But Wyatt pushed his hand back down. "You shot now, they'll kill her before you kill one of them." He whispered.

Elle let her face express the pain she was feeling, and the sadness of the outcome of this chase.

Wyatt patted his friend on the shoulder and turned away, Doc looked once more at the woman. She looked scared. Blood seeped through her pants and she had dirt and cuts all over her face from the blow to the ground.

Elle watched as Doc turned away. Putting her head down, she let tears fall as she knew.

They couldn't save her. They were outnumbered.

A cowboy pulled her to her feet and tied her hands and feet together. Taking her pistol from her hip, they threw her on the back of a horse. Where she watched as her brothers rode their horses, in the opposite direction.

"My brothers." She whispered before letting tears slip from her eyes.