Chapter 14

𝓘𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓵𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓯𝓸𝓰 𝓰𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭. 𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝓲𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓼𝓶𝓸𝓴𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓰𝓾𝓷 𝓹𝓸𝔀𝓭𝓮𝓻, 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓼𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓽 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓲𝓻.

"We're here to disarm you. Throw up your hands!" Virgil demands as the group stands in front of the seven cowboys.

The cowboys watch with eagle eyes as Virgil speaks. Suddenly one of them reaches for a gun and Virgil puts his hand up, one to his gun on his hide. The everyone puts their hand on their hips were death is placed.

Elle places her hand on her pistol, watching the men in front of her start to sweat. Doc Holliday, who is next to her, shrugs off his jacket that hung on his shoulders and pulls the shotgun to eye level, pumping it, ready to shoot.

"Hold it!" Virgil yells, "that's not what I want!"

Two Cowboys from the group run off into the back alley and don't look back as everyone is ready for a gunfight. The air is still, no sound is made as everyone watches for the other to make the first move. Nobody wants to shoot first.

"Oh, my god." Elle heard Wyatt whisper.

Elle didn't know who shot first, but as soon as the first bullet flew past her, she pulled out her gun and shot one of the cowboys, everyone else on her side doing the same.

The cowboys pulled their guns and started shooting the group, missing for the most part. Billy Clanton fell to the ground causing his brother to yell his name. He ran out, arms raised crying to the Earp's. "Don't shoot! I've got no gun!" He cried rushing to Wyatt.

He had fallen on the middle Earp brother and Wyatt held him up, "This fight's commenced Get to fightin' or get away!" Wyatt yelled in his face. He then pushed the cowboy off him and he scrambled away into a near by building.

Another cowboy comes out and shoots Virgil in the calf, he falls to the ground with a groan and Elle shoots at the man who had shot her friend. He blocked himself with a horse and Doc shot his shotgun into the air, causing the horse to get spooked, running from the scene. Leaving the cowboy who shot Virgil exposed, Elle shot him in the chest, blood spilling out into the hay near by.

Another cowboy fires at the group and hides behind a barrel. Billy Clanton gets back on his feet and just as Ellanora sees him regain his balance, he shots her in the shoulder. Falling to the ground, she doubles over in pain, becoming vulnerable to any on coming bullets. Doc Holliday sees the girl fall to her knees and steps in front of her, as if her shield, missing with his shotgun, he throws it aside and pulls out one of his pistols from his shoulder holster. Firing none stop at the Clanton, his shots ring out into threes. Smoke falling around him. Billy falls to the ground, this time filled with many bullet holes. Doc Holliday kneels next to the women and protects her again once Billy's brother, Ike crashes through the window of the near by building, shooting aimlessly to the group, screaming bloody murder.

"Doc! Behind!" Wyatt yells as he ducks from the shots.

Doc moves around Ellanora, who is still on her knees clutching her shoulder, and shoots at Clanton, missing each time as he tries to dodge the oncoming bullets. Ike stops shooting and runs out of the building, leaving one cowboy left.

Everyone was down, expect Wyatt and Holliday. The one lone cowboy stands from his hiding spot and Doc walks straight up to him, pulling his gun to the cowboys head it clicks but nothing comes out.

"I got you now, you son-of-a-bitch." He mumbled, holding a bullet wound on his hip.

He weakly holds his gun up to Doc who grins at the man, arms open. Facing death, with no fear.

"You're a daisy if you do." Doc says waiting for his death.

Elle sees this moment to lift up her throbbing arm, shaking as her gun points to his head, she fires at the same time as another shot. For a moment the women thought it was the cowboys gun hitting Holliday, but it had been Holliday's gun. He had another pistol and quickly turned with his arms opened, shooting him in the head, as Elle shot him on the side of his head.

The smoke had cleared and the city lay calm. Whispers and footsteps filled the street as Wyatt Earp helped his brother up from the ground, his blood painting the dust. Virgil leaned on the cane which he had exchanged for the shotgun with Doc Holliday. The women helped their men and cried their names, as if relieved that their lovers were alive.

Shaking on the ground, clenching her injured arm, Elle found it hard to breathe. Her anxiety, mixed with her blood pounding through her ears made her dizzy. It may have also been because she was bleeding. Holding her head down she heard footsteps approaching her, she saw the all too familiar boots of Doc Holliday.

Doc placed his guns back in their holster and got down to Elle's level and helped her stand, looking around she saw Allie holding Virgil, crying his name. Lou held Morgan. He had been grazed by a bullet the same time as Elle, must likely by one of the Clanton's. Wyatt looked off to Josephine, Mattie looking towards them in anger. She then turned and stormed away, not greeting Wyatt with open arms.

"All right!" John Behan came storming into the scene waving his cane at the peacekeepers. "All of you are under arrest."

Wyatt looked over at Doc who had been walking with Elle towards them. Doc gave Wyatt a stern nod. Wyatt turned back to Behan and slowly walked up to him. Behan steps back for a moment, as if he was afraid of Wyatt, "I don't think I'll let you arrest us today, Behan." Wyatt said, turning away towards Elle and Doc.

Mayor Clum came out from the street and walked up to Wyatt, Elle had walked towards the bodies that lay down in the dirt. She say their lifeless eyes look towards the heavens as if seeing God before death. She closed her eyes and winced at the pain in her shoulder. She could feel the cold metal in her muscles.

"Well, I guess we did our good deed for today, Mayor." Wyatt said looking at the bodies as well.

Turning away, Elle saw Doc watching her look at the bodies, he wondered if the girl had been in a fight like this before. He wondered if she'd seen blood split in such a manner. The injured women approached him as did Wyatt.

"Let's get you to the Doctor." Wyatt said.

Ellanora began to shiver at some point she didn't know, she was sweating but also very cold. She thought maybe the cold metal in her arm made her cold, but the thought of losing too much blood crossed her mind for the cause of her shivers. Doc Holliday picked up his coat from the dust, brushing it off, he placed it on Elle's shoulders, trying to calm her from her injury. Turning, Doc placed his hand on her back, very lightly, as if ghost like. But Ellanora felt his hand. She kept her head down, pain had clouded everything for her, so she walked where the two men had guided her.

Closing her eyes, she saw the lifeless eyes haunt her consciousness. A cry escaped up her throat and into the air, but it was quiet. Quiet enough for Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp to not hear it.