Chapter 30

𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓪𝓵 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭𝓫𝔂𝓮.

"Where is she?" Doc asked his friend as he paced the alleyway.

It had been over two hours and the saloons and bars were filling up with Cowboys, this mission was getting dangerous.

The two men sat in the alley waiting for Elle to turn the corner and tell them everything she had gotten from them. But they waited and waited, and she never turned that corner to give them a hearty smile and tell them where Ringo was headed.

"Relax Doc," Wyatt said flicking his cigarette to the ground, "she knows what she's doing."

"Does she?"Doc turned to Wyatt, eyes filled with concern.

Wyatt sat up from the wall and looked at his friend. He laughed to himself and shook his head, "What's wrong with you man?" Looking at Holliday he continued. "You've been so worried about Miss Raycroft ever since you met her." Standing up he approached his younger friend and looked him straight in the eye. He grinned and Doc gave him a confused worried look.

"You care for her."

"What no! Don't be ridiculous Wyatt!" Doc turned away and waved his hand at his friend.

Wyatt chuckled, "Doc come on," he steps in front of him again, "you were worried for her back in Tucson, back at her old home. Hell," Wyatt turned as a few drunks passed the alleyway, "ever since we got here you've been worried sick for that girl." He whispered.

"She's a brother to us, you know that." Doc said frowning at him.

"Maybe not to you." Wyatt mumbled.

Before Doc Holliday could continue to defend himself, a few men yelled into the streets, casing Doc and Wyatt to turn their heads to the open road.

"Where is the bastards," one said within a group of men, "I'll kill them! Kill them all!" He yelled.

"That's a cowboy." Wyatt whispered.

They watched in the darkness as the group of cowboys tried to calm one of them down, he was yelling and pulled out his gun. He started to make threats and his words slurred together. The cowboys around him asked what was the matter.

"That bitch! She killed him, she's up there! The Earp gang are here!"

Wyatt and Doc looked at one another and panic raised in both of them.

"Wyatt come on!" Doc whispered as he leaned on the wall looking out into the street.

"We can't! There's too many of them." Wyatt pulled his friend back, "we'll get killed if we step out there."

"So will Ellanora if we don't get up there before those cowboys do." Pulling away from Wyatt's grasp, Doc snuck out into the street and pulled his hat down, walking past the cowboys.

Pushing himself into the hotel, Wyatt stumbled in after him. They both scanned the crowd, looking for their blonde headed brother.

"There they are!" One cowboy yelled from outside the bar.

Turning around, both men were greeted with gunshots and broken glass. Ducking behind a few tables they knocked down, people ran away and screaming came from some of the women in the bar. Doc and Wyatt shot their guns towards the men but were outnumbered. It was the two of them versus about ten cowboys.