Chapter 16

𝓝𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮. 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓪𝓲𝓷 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓮.

A trail was held for the shooting in the O.K. corral. Judge spicer let Elle off the hook because she was a women, but the four men were out on trail for the shootout. Ellanora expressed her distrust in Spicer as a judge to the group. Saying he was no good and was a playing factor in the down fall in Tombstone.

After a few days the trail was concluded and Wyatt, Virgil, Morgan and Doc were all let go. Spicer concluded that what the group had did was wonton the standards of Tombstones law. They were in the clear. Wyatt then was called aside by Judge Spicer, he expressed his concern for a women being involved with such activities. Wyatt replied with "she knows what she's doing". Wyatt told Ellanora this, which she scuffed at, "Men," she said crossing her arms, "are pathetic."

Months had passed now, spring was in the air as Elle walked down the dirt road. Her shoulder doing better, it would flare up every once and a while, but she tried to control it. Ellanora helped the Earp's with their Faro game, deciding that she was stuck in Tombstone for now, after getting so involved. But secretly she planned on leaving on this day. She was completely healed now, her shoulder was no longer a problem, so it was time to move on.

The town was alive today, cowboys laughing near by as she passed and mother's with their children walked passed her. She suddenly saw Doc Holliday sitting in a chair on a porch, a barber trimming his facial hair. She debated on walking away and not saying goodbye, but he had become a friend of sorts. Yes he annoyed her, as she did to him, but they had gone through a lot together.

She walked up next to the chair and saw his eyes were closed, standing in the way of the sun, he opened his eyes and looked up at the girl. He waved the barber off him and sat up, smiling.

"Miss Raycroft, and what do I owe the pleasure?" He smirked at her and Elle leaned on the railing.

"I'm leavin' Doc." She said. Doc Holliday's face dropped and he stood up from his seat.

"Today?"

She nodded. He did as well.

"Well," he coughed, "I wish you luck in all your travels." He said smiling at her.

She smiled back but their attention was drawn to the street, where the three Earp brothers were trying to calm down a drunk Johnny Ringo.

Johnny Ringo had been what seemed to be missing for a while when the shooting happened. No one questioned it. But he was now drunk and yelling at the Earp's.

"I don't want any more trouble." Wyatt said

"Well, ya got trouble!" Ringo yelled.

"Well it seems Ringo is back." Elle said to Doc angrily, "the urge to take a gun to his head is ever so high." She grumbled.

"Hm." Doc seemed to grit his teeth for moment, as if to agree with her.

The two watched the Earp's try and calm a drunk Ringo. Doc for a moment steps out from the porch and out into the street.

"Don't any of ya have the guts to play for blood?" Ringo taunted.

"I'm your huckleberry." Doc said, one hand behind his back which concealed his white Pearl handled gun. "That's just my game."

"All right, lunger." Ringo's eyes grew wild and he moved his fingers as if to tell Doc to come to him. "You go to hell. I'll put you out of your misery."