Chapter 27

𝓔𝓵𝓲𝔃𝓪 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶 𝓰𝓸𝓷𝓮. 𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓔𝓵𝓵𝓮.

Once Eliza emerged from the building, wearing a blue dress and her hair up, Elle helped her on the back of Ash and climbed up herself. Eliza held onto Elle as she wasn't fond of riding.

"They're just a little ways from town." Elle said and she felt Eliza nodded on her back.

Riding out of town, the two passed some people doing their daily chores and couples talking and chatting. Elle spotted a bunch of cowboys riding their way, Elle put her hat down to shield her face as they rode past. Once they were out of sight, Elle glanced back as they turned the corner. Sighing she urged Ash to pick up the pace.

First she saw Wyatt's black horse in the distance. They had found a better spot to hide, just in case law men or cowboys were to pass by. The horse stomped as Elle rode up next to him. Elle jumped off Ash and helped Eliza down. She heard footsteps behind her and looked over her shoulder to see the guys waiting. Once she was out of the way of Eliza, each guy took out their gun and pointed it at Eliza.

Eliza screamed as Elle put herself in front of her friend.

"Woah what the hell!" Elle yelled.

"Who the hell is that?" McMaster's yelled pointing his gun towards the two.

"Put your damn gun away McMaster's!" Elle said as Eliza held onto her jacket. "She's a family friend!"

"Can we trust her?" Turkey Creek asked.

"Put your guns away." Wyatt said to the men as he put his away.

"Yes you can trust her! Holy Hell men, your all wild!" Elle yelled and turned to Eliza who was shaking. "I'm sorry Eliza." She cooed before turning and glaring at the men, who were standing there embarrassed.

"We're very sorry Miss." Texas Jack said as he took a step forward.

"It's alright," Eliza sighed and fixed her dress. "It's not the first time a man pointed a gun at me." She nervously chuckled.

"Eliza Raymond was my mother's friend. I knew her when I lived on the cattle farm." Elle said.

"We're awfully sorry Miss Raymond." Wyatt said putting his hands on his hips.

"Eliza this is Wyatt Earp, Sherman McMasters, Texas Jack, Turkey Creek and Doc Holliday." All the men nodded and smiled to Eliza.

"You all seem like fine men." Eliza spoke with her head up high.

"Eliza has agreed to let me part of her girls for tomorrow night."

"You told her the plan?" Doc questioned.

"Yes, she let me barrow a dress as well, so you can keep your money." Elle said throwing the bag of coins back to Turkey Creek.

Doc grabbed Elle put the arm and pulled her aside for a moment. Wyatt started to chat with Eliza.

"Ellanora you told her the plan?" He questioned again.

"Why are you so worried? She's been a friend for years." She whispered to him.

"But she's a stranger to everyone but you." He angrily whispered back.

"Doc," Elle huffed, "It's alright. Would ya loosen up. I know what I'm doing." And with that she turned away and returned to Eliza.

"We should make a plan." Wyatt said once he saw Elle and Doc return to the group.

"I do have a proposal." Eliza said as everyone looked to her. "Ellanora will come to the brothel tomorrow evening, I'll get her ready and introduce her to my girls. They'll lead her through to saloons and bars to help her find a cowboy. Once she finds one she can go to the Osborn Hotel, my girls always go there. Ellanora can then get whatever she needs from the guy."

"You can give a single or something when your done." Turkey Creek said to Elle.

"Like a gun." McMasters said.

"No way." Eliza chirped up, "my girls have a no weapons rule. As much as I love you honey, I can't allow it."

"Then one of us should be in town when she goes in." Doc said crossing his arms around his chest.

"I can handle myself." Elle grumbled to Holliday.

"Doc's right Elle." Wyatt spoke up, his hand on his chin, "me and Doc should be in town when you go to the hotel." Looking up he caught the glare of Elle.

"I'm sorry Honey, but he's right." Eliza said putting her hand on Elle's shoulder. "Someone should be there."

"Then it's set, me and Wyatt will accompany you, and keep our eyes out." Doc said nodding.

"Perfect." Eliza said, "now that you have you plan, do you mind if I steal Ellanora for the night?" She turned to Elle who looked at her, "I'll let my girls be known of Ellanora as a new show girl. Mister Earp and Mister Holliday can come by the Lucky Man saloon at 7pm. I'll set Ellanora up there so you can keep an eye on her from a distance."

"We'll have to be in the street." Wyatt said.

Eliza nodded and linked her arm with Elle. "She'll stay with me for the night so I can teach her the ropes and rules."

The men nodded and agreed to their plan. It was a little different then what they had originally planned but it was better and more refined. Eliza told Elle to leave her guns with the men which made her hesitant. But she wanted Eliza's help so she gave them to Wyatt to hold onto.

Upon leaving the camp, Eliza brought Elle into a saloon and they sat down and chatted while enjoying a meal.

"If you don't mind me askin," Elle said looking up from her beef stew, "why are you helping me?"

"Because I love you and your mother trusted me with your life." Eliza said not looking at her.

"What's the real reason. Be honest."

Eliza stopped and looked up from her food, she picked up her napkin and dabbed her face clean. She lay the napkin back in her lap and looked up at the girl.

"Because those cowboys have been hurtin my girls. Lately they've been passing through and have caused problems. I can them gone, just like you." Her voice was hushed and filled with anger.

"I'm going to try everything on my power." Elle grabbed her hand from across the table and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

Eliza smiled at the girl and sighed. Elle missed her family friend. She was like an aunt to her. She missed family.