Chapter 11

𝓢𝓽𝓪𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓫𝓵𝓮𝓶, 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓲𝓭𝓷'𝓽. 𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝔂𝓮𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓾𝓷𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀𝓷 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓼.

Before Virgil and Elle walked into the saloon, Virgil stopped. "I should mention to you," Elle looked at the man, "me and Morgan passed a law that you can't carry a gun in town. So, I'm gonna have to take your gun."

Elle looked at him for a moment and agreed, giving Virgil her gun. "Some law you've got Virgil, bet the cowboys aren't too pleased." She stated.

"You have no idea." Virgil mumbled before walking into the Oriental.

The atmosphere in the saloon was eerie, it was quiet and a cloud of focus was draped over its people. The actress, Josephine Marcus, was singing in the corner as someone played the piano. Virgil and Elle ordered drinks and Elle saw at the faro table was Morgan dealing, Kate hanging off Doc's arm, and a few cowboys, including Ike Clanton.

"Why Miss Raycroft!" Doc Holliday said, clearly intoxicated, he wore a goofy grin and his hair was out of place. "Why don't you come join us!"

Ellanora looked at Virgil who just rolled his eyes of the drunk man. Suddenly his attention was shifted to the door and the women followed his gaze, it was Wyatt. They locked eyes for a moment and Wyatt looked away as if ashamed of his actions earlier.

Morgan got up from the table and began talking with Wyatt about Doc.

"Wyatt, just in time. Pull up a chair." Holliday said once Wyatt walked next to him.

"Doc, you been hittin' it awful hard, haven't ya?" Wyatt said pulling up a chair. Elle lay her glass down and leaned on the bar next to Virgil.

"Nonsense. I've not yet begun to defile myself." Doc said drunkenly.

Wyatt leaned into Doc and whispered "I was wonderin' if you wouldn't wanna go on over to the Crystal Palace..."

LI will not be pawed at, thank you very much." Doc said pushing him away, Wyatt looked at Ellanora and Virgil and shrugged his shoulders.

"That's right. Doc can go on day and night, and then some." Kate said grinning at Doc, she leaned in closer as if to give him a kiss but instead filled his cup with more alcohol. "That's my loving man. "Have another one, my loving man."

"She's going to kill the man." Elle mumbled to Vigil who just scuffed.

The game went on and the cowboys lost to Doc again. He giggled as if it was his first win, but Ike didn't seem so pleased. "Son-of-a-bitch no ones that lucky." He grumbled.

"Whatever do you mean Ike? Maybe Pokers not you games." Doc teased.

"Take it easy boys." Virgil said as a warning, he knew these drunken men would tear into each other.

"I know!" Doc said laughing, "let's have a spelling contest." He leaned over the table as Ike Clanton turned red with anger.

"How 'bout if I just wring your scrawny neck?" Suddenly Ike leaned over the table and grabbed Doc's collar but Wyatt pulled him back.

"Enough, Ike." Virgil said taking him arm. Doc started to chuckle.

"Are you takin' his part? Huh? I'm the one who got cheated! You goddamn pimps! You all in it together." Ike said getting in Virgil's face.

The eldest Earp stood there, face hard as a rock, "Nobody's in anything. Ike, you're drunk. Go on home and sleep it off." Virgil went to grab his arm but Ike Clanton quickly got out of his grasp.