Chapter 47

𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓻𝓲𝓭𝓮. 𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓾𝓽. 𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽.

Elle threw the last bit of things on the back of Ash as she prepared for the long ride to the train station. Doc stood at the doorway, his jacket draped over his shoulders, his white button up lose on him.

Emily handed Elle one last bag of food and patted her shoulder.

"Thank you for everything." Elle said turning to Emily, who waved her off. "I don't think I could ever express how grateful I am for you." Elle said softly.

"You don't have too." Emily smiled, tears in her eyes. "I already know." She then pulled Elle into a hug, which Ellanora full embraced back.

Pulling away from each other, Emily ran her thumb across her cheek to wipe away the tears that were running down her face. Elle smiled at her and turned to Kurt who also hugged her. Although she wasn't close with Kurt, like she was with his wife, she was still grateful for his friendship.

Pulling away from the two, Elle turned to Doc who also said his goodbyes as best he could, considering his condition. He stumbled his way to the horse and climbed on the back part of the saddle. Elle climbed on and sat in front of Doc. He leaned on Elle's back to ease the weight of his body. Ellanora didn't mind.

"Goodbye, thank you again." Elle said as she grabbed the reins of Ash.

"Good luck you two." Kurt said smiling.

"We won't ever forget you." Emily said waving. "I will tell the story of the cowboys and the Earp ride to anyone who will listen."

"Paint me as the good guy please." Doc chuckled.

"Of course, the gunslinger and his wonderful partner." Emily said smiling to Elle.

Elle nodded her head in approval. She then spurred Ash to run out of the barn away from her friend. Looking over her shoulder, she saw the farm with Emily and Kurt waving goodbye to them. A part of her broke but she knew she had to get Doc to that hospital. She would meet them again someday.

Pushing Ash to run, they travelled down the valley and past Eliza's grave. Elle watched it ride past her and said goodbye to herself. Doc looked at Elle as she watched the grave go past. Closing his eyes he took in the sun as they travelled away from the farm.

Not long into their journey they slowed down to give Ash a break from running. The wind blew through the woods that was near on the horizon and the noises of the world around them filled the air. The sun beat down on the two as the rode back to the town.

Suddenly, a noise startled Ash, causing him to stop and pull back, stomping his hooves. Elle hushed him and listened to the wind for the sound that Ash her.

Turning to the left and right she say nothing. Doc, who was as conscious as he could be, also listened. His eyes were heavy and he was too tired to stay awake. But he listened anyways.

Elle heard something again and stopped Ash from walking. Turning around, she looked past Doc and saw four figures on horses racing towards them on the horizon. Their guns were pointed in the air and were firing to the sky. They yelled and screamed as they raced towards them on the valley.

At first Elle thought it might have been drunks, or some locals who were out causing trouble. But the town was still a few hours off.

Elle gasped once the sight of red sashes caught her eye.

"Shit." She muttered and whipped Ash to start to run away from the cowboys.

Doc, held onto Elle's waist and looked behind him as they started running. He groaned as they ran on their horses towards them. "We've got to get out of here." Doc said as the wind blew past them.

"I know!" She yelled back.

Elle urged Ash to run faster as the cowboys were starting to come closer and closer. Ash was just too tired to keep himself ahead of the cowboys, so they caught up fast.

Gunshots fired past them, nearly missing them as the ran away from them. Elle pulled out her guns no started foreign back at them, hitting one in the shoulder, causing him to fly off her horse.

The wind slapped her face as she continued to race over the valley and away from the men trying to kill her and Doc Holliday.

Elle saw as one had come up ahead of her and was going to turn around and shoot her. Ellanora pulled Ash to the right and made a sharp turn, making the cowboys stumble on their horses. She then made Ash run faster and away from the men.

She pulled Ash to the side and raced into the woods nearby. Ducking her head as the branches came at her, while Ash ran through the woods.

"He's going to lose steam!" Doc yelled from behind.

"No he won't! He can do this." She knew Ash very well, and he wasn't going to stop now.

Racing through the woods, racing through a river, the water splashed up on the legs of both Elle and Doc. The men followed suit and one got close enough that when Elle ducked her head from a branch, he didn't dodge it in time, causing him to be knocked off his horse as the branch knocked him out.

Elle laughed and raced her way out of the woods. Two more men followed. Elle pulled her gun out once again and tried to fire at them as they were only a few feet away.

The first cowboy had grabbed her arm and tried to pulled her off her horse. He reached for his gun with his other hand, making Elle panic. Doc went to reach for his gun, but was too weak to keep his eyes open. Ellanora pulled her foot out of the saddle and kicked the cowboy right in the leg, making him leg go of Elle. She dropped her gun and watched it tumble in the dirt and fall behind her.

She looked to the cowboy who was again reaching for her gun. Ellanora pulled Ash as close as she could to him and this time kicked him right in the face, making him fall off the horse and into the dirt below.

Still racing her way across the valley, the last cowboy came out of the woods and starting shooting at the two on Ash. Ash was starting to slow down and become tired, Elle knew she had to act fast.

Turning her whole body, she looked over Doc's shoulders and saw the cowboy firing his gun at them, just missing every time. Ellanora grabbed the white handled gun that hung on Doc Holliday's belt and aimed it at the cowboy. In only one shot, she put a bullet through his head, and watched his lifeless body fall from the saddle.

Ash slowly stopped running and Elle leaned her head back on Doc for a moment. She was now covered in her own sweat from the chase. She handed Doc the guns who smirked at her.

"I told you we could do it." He smiled weakly.

"Oh shut up Holliday." She grinned as she took a sigh of relief.