Chapter 6

𝐹𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝓈𝒶𝓌.

The show had ended and the Earp brother and their lovers, Doc Holliday and his lady, all left their boxes, Doc told the crowd that he and Kate would be heading to the Oriental. Kate gave Doc a peck on the cheek before heading off to the Oriental, before Doc.

"Miss.Raycroft why don't you join Doc?" Wyatt suggested they entered the street. Elle had been chatting with Allie about her dress, and looked up once she heard her name. The young woman looked up at Wyatt.

"Yeah we've got some business to attend too before heading over, why not accompany Doc over?" Virgil says as Allie links arms with him, slyly smirking.

Elle looked over at Doc Holliday who had a cigarette hanging from his mouth, giving her a smirk, he spoke up, "Come Darlin'" he started and put his arm out for her to take. Elle knowing everyone's eyes were on them she locked eyes with Doc.

"Alright." The gang smiled and said their goodbyes before Doc and Elle walked down Allen Street.

The stars were out and the cool air settled on the town. A few people walked the street and bars and saloons were filled with laughter and drunken disasters. Doc and Elle walked in silence, enjoying the air, but Elle felt uneasy and awkward.

"I thought you said you were leaving Tombstone this afternoon?" Doc spoke into the night air.

Elle looked at the ground as they walked, "Virgil convinced me to stay a few more days." Doc nodded and put his hand up to the cigarette and puffed out the smoke, while coughing a few times.

Elle looked over at him and saw him pull out a white handkerchief and putting it up to his mouth before coughing again. The handkerchief was mostly white, laced around the edges, out small blotches of red stained the delicate fabric. Elle looked away once he put the cloth away.

"So how did you and the Earp's meet, are you a family friend?" Elle asked.

"Not exactly Darlin'," he started before huffing another cough. "You see, Wyatt was a peacekeeper, was on the hunt for a train robber. I had dealt cards with the man he was after a few days prior to his arrival. Told him what I knew." Elle nodded as the pale man continued. "Word got out that the Wyatt Earp was in town, so while going to a saloon to look for this, train robber," Doc looked at Elle and grinned, "a band of misfits pulled guns on ol' Wyatt. I managed to level the room and help Mr.Earp out of his little predicament."

Elle looked up at Doc and saw him looking off down the road. He really did care for the Earp brothers, Wyatt in particular. "Wyatt is my friend Miss. Raycroft. I'd do anything to help him, or his brothers." He said locking eyes with the girl.

She smiled up at Doc realizing she may have judged him too quickly. Maybe he wasn't as selfish and ignorant as she had first thought. She kept reminding herself that she was only passing through this town, there was no time for friends, no place for a connection. Her face fell and Doc had noticed. Her gaze was drawn to the ground and Doc tilted his head to try and catch her gaze.

"There you two are!" Morgan yelled from the doorway of the Oriental, which Doc and Ellanora now stood in front of. "Come on in you two!" Elle looked and met the gaze of Morgan who had his hands in his pockets. She looked up at Doc who stepped to the side and let the lady go first.

The night was filled with drinks, laughter and cigar smoke. Wyatt and Morgan ran the faro game in the corner of the Oriental. He dealt the cards, took the money and gave it. Elle stood next to Morgan most of the night, helping where she could with dealing cards. Elle still stood with her dress stuck tight to her body. She desperately wanted to get out of the many layers of lace and satin.

Kate wandered around Doc all night, getting him drinks and his cigarettes all night. Once twilight came Doc was as drunk as a dead dog. He was pale, his eyes burdened heavy dark circles, almost as if they longed for sleep but the fun of the late night kept him awake. His lips cracked, the inside was deeper red. Every once and a while he would have a nasty cough spell. Every time he coughed Elle swore he would be done for the night, but he still drank, smoked, had fun with the best of them.

Wyatt, Morgan and Doc left their post to get some coffee or more alcohol, Elle didn't notice, but the men left her and Kate to handle the cards. Doing so, Kate seemed to ignore her, dealing cards without consulting Elle. Ellanora didn't have time for petty games, this was nothing new to her either. Other women didn't do well with her, so she just ignored her.

The saloon erupted with applause and whooping. Elle turned towards the door and saw the beautiful actor whom had played the devil towards the end of the show. She wore a silver dress, that shined bright in the dim bar, but her smile was brighter. She danced around playfully with some men and approached the two Earp brothers and Holliday. Wyatt turned away and gave her the cold shoulder.

Once the three man back over, the saloon roared up again. Fabian, walks in and is greeted warmly by everyone. Elle claps in respect, along with everyone else in the bar. Stand back over towards Morgan, the men get back to work and someone asks for Wyatt's autograph. Ellanora raises an eyebrow and looks at Morgan who shuffled on his feet grinning at his older brother.

Stalking behind the man, are the cowboys. Curly Bill, Ike Clayton and Johnny Ringo walk into the saloon and straight over to the table where the group are working. He takes the paper from the man and looks at Wyatt.

"Wyatt Earp huh?" Curly Bill asks, almost as a taunt.