Chapter 16

"Your eyes stole all my words away"

After waking up this morning there didn't seem like a need to rush so I stayed there, wrapped in the warmth of my blankets. A smile crept its way onto my face when I started thinking about Jack and last night's kiss. It feels so right to be with him, more right than anything else in my wild life. Today is going to be dedicated to taking down Lucifer so I wanna savor right now.

My moment soon got even better when there was a knock at my door and on the other side was Jack. He had a tired smile on his face as he wished me a good morning. He looks so cute in the morning; I swear he's perfect and I love it. "Good morning to you too sleepy head." I grinned while hugging him.

He embraced the hug while giving the top of my head a kiss. We then headed into the kitchen so I could get my caffeine fix for the day. People often say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But for me, it's drinking coffee at 9am.

As soon as I sat down at the table with Jack, Sam came strolling in the room with a tired Dean behind him. "Good morning guys," Sam said as he poured himself a cup of coffee. "Make sure your ready in twenty minutes. Cas found Lucifer last night and we're going to kill him first before he can-" Sam started but stopped when looking at me.

"Kill Danielle." Dean finished with a grumpy morning voice. I looked at Jack and found a worried expression on his face. I grabbed his hand gently in mine and tried to give him an assuring smile.

"I'm gonna go get washed up before we go," I told them as I stood and left the kitchen. The moment I stepped into my room I let out a sigh and closed my eyes. Today is not going to be a good one and I know for a fact. We're going to be dealing with Lucifer, someone who is very hard to kill.

I stepped into the bathroom before resting my hands on the sink and looking at myself in the mirror. The reflection looking back at me seemed unnoticeable. My eyes are baggy, my lips are chapped, and my whole face seems red. I'm not the best looking in the morning but it also has to do with my lack of sleep.

It took me ten minutes to get ready and by that time we were ready to head out. The car ride seemed so silent and tense. Sam sat on his phone, Dean focused on the road, Cas stared silently out the window, and Jack rested his head on my shoulder while he slept. To be honest I'm okay with the silence because it lets me think.

Usually, I hate being stuck in my own head but not today. I'm ready to kill Lucifer and put it in the past. I'd ask when my life got so crazy but it all started when I was just a child. My eyes watched every tree we passed as I rested my head on the window. I'm scared. It's not something I want to let the guys know but I'm terrified. What if Lucifer kills Jack or me?

There wouldn't be any coming back from something like that. It made my heart pound in my chest just thinking about it. I guess my body had tensed up because Jack wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him. I smiled while resting my head on his shoulder. "Are you okay?" He whispered in my ear.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied. I think he knew I was lying but didn't pry. We still have like seven hours left of this ride and I'm starting to feel a tad bit hungry. All I had for breakfast this morning was coffee. They're right about that saying, breakfast is very important and I shouldn't have skipped it. "We should stop somewhere to eat," I suggested.

"We'll stop at the next diner we see," Dean assured me and I nodded. The next one was only about four miles up the road so Dean pulled the car over and we stopped. It's a small but very cute little place. It's called Smithy's. We've never been here before but I'm sure they have everything you'd find at a diner.

We found a booth in the back of the restaurant before sitting down. A nice waitress gave us our menus then left so we could figure out what we want. I looked and couldn't decide between a cheeseburger or the mashed potatoes. They both look and sound good right now. "What are you leaning towards?" I asked looking at Sam who sat across from me.

"Probably salad." He told me.

"Right, of course, you are. Stupid question." I mumbled and Dean laughed. Sam playfully rolled his eyes and went back to his menu.

"Screw it I'll get the mash potatoes," I said while setting down the menu. I ended up ordering potatoes, Mac and cheese, and some chicken wings. When the food arrived it all smelled so good and I couldn't wait to dig in. The first thing I took a bite of was the chicken.

"So let's go over the plan one more time," Dean said to us.

"Okay well, we're killing Lucifer." Cas frowned.

"Yeah but it's not that simple," Sam added. "It's going to take a lot more than just an Angel blade."

I let out a sigh and set down my chicken wing before taking a big gulp of water. I felt a hand on mine and looked to see Jack holding my hand assuringly. "Guys we're going to win," Jack said. We nodded agreeing with him and continued eating our food. The only thing I could think of while we ate was if this is going to be my last meal or not. What if Lucifer kills me or worse, one of them?