Chapter 17

"I'm addicted to the feeling of you"

The five of us stood outside the church that Cas tracked Lucifer down too. It just seems kind of odd that out of all the places in the world he would choose to come here. Him and chuck didn't have a good relationship at all. "You don't have to go in if your not ready," Cas looked at me worriedly but I shook my head no and took in a deep breath.

"I need to do this," I said and he nodded. We walked inside the dark church to see nothing but darkness. Sam found the light switch and turned it on. That's where we found Lucifer standing in the front of the church with his back faced to us. My heart started pounding but I refused to let that show.

He slowly turned to face us and the smile on his face made me want to slap it off. "I never thought you'd find me. But thanks to Castiel you did." He joked while giving Cas a playful grin. Just looking at the man made me sick to my stomach. He's a cocky son of a bitch that needs to be put in his place.

"Jack, how are you?" He asked looking at his son who wants absolutely nothing to do with him. Jack only glared and ignored the question. "Okay rude," Lucifer said then focused his attention on me. In that moment my heart stopped and I held my ground. He can probably smell the fear on me though.

"Danielle, the girl that captured my sons heart. Tell me, do you love him?" He asked very randomly and abruptly. It caught me by surprise as I stared at him in complete anger.

"Not that it's any of your business but yes I do. I'm not totally sure why you're such a fucking asshole but why the hell do you treat people like this?" I asked angrily at him. Lucifer has gotten on my last nerve and I'm ready to drive a blade through his heart.

"She's bold, I love it." He said as he looked at Sam and Dean. They rolled their eyes. Cas had enough and made the first move towards Lucifer. They began to fight and that's when the rest of us joined. Even though it's five against one, he's somehow winning. Why am I not surprised by this?

I made a move, trying to plunge my Angel blade through his heart but he shoved me into the wall with just the snap of his fingers. A groan left my mouth as I stood up the best I could. "Sam!" Dean yelled, throwing the blade to him. It's the perfect moment for Sam to kill him, while he's off guard.

Just as he got close to killing him, Lucifer started choking Sam. That's when I knew one of us had to do something. Jack must of read my thoughts because in that next moment he ended this whole thing.

"Stop!" He yelled while using his power to throw Lucifer into the podium. Sam finally caught his breath and moved away from the fight that's about to take place. "I've had enough of you hurting my family, my girlfriend," he angrily told. "It's time you go for good this time."

"Jack let's talk about this," Lucifer smiled a very fake smile. But Jack wasn't having it and within seconds Lucifer turned to dust. Gone forever and out of our lives. We all looked at Jack in complete shock while trying to wrap our minds around this. Without saying a word I went over to him and wrapped him in a hug to which he returned.

"We did it," he whispered softly. "We won."

I only nodded in response before pulling away and smiling at the guys. Sam and Dean wrapped me in a hug feeling so happy that this is finally out of the way and we don't have to deal with him anymore. Soon enough we were back on the road heading home. It's been one long day that I need a break from.

Jack seemed more relaxed going home, which made me feel good. The entire ride home he had his hand rested on mine. I think now with Lucifer out of the way Jack can actually have a chance to be happy. There's still monsters in the world that we'll have to deal with but none like Lucifer. He's officially gone and in the past.

We ended up getting home the next morning and by that time we were all so exhausted. We all decided to go to bed even though it's like 5am and none of us woke up until late into the afternoon. It didn't feel like the day was wasted at all considering what we went through. I didn't get much sleep because thoughts of last night were popping into my head.

Even though Lucifer is gone I feel completely off. It's almost as if I'm still terrified by him when he isn't here. Everything about that guy creeps me out. My anxiety started to rise so I went to see if anyone else is awake. When remembering Cas doesn't sleep I smiled and found him in the library.

His head is buried in a book so he didn't recognize my presence. "Hey Cas," I greeted while walking in the room and sitting next to him. He looked up at me and smiled then went back to his book.

"Hello Danielle. What are you doing up?" He asked. I let out a sigh and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Can't really sleep. How are you doing? I know that everything with Lucifer wasn't easy." I asked him. This time he sighed and set the book down before looking me in the eyes.

"I don't know how I feel, but if I were to put it into words I'd say worried or relieved. I want to know how this is affecting Jack but I'm also relieved Lucifer is gone." He admitted. Honestly his feelings are valid because I'm feeling sort of the same way.

"You're not alone," I assured. Things might actually be turning around. Let's hope I didn't just jinx that.