Chapter 26

"It's the connection we can't explain"

Jack Pov

I paced back and forth while my girlfriend lay lifelessly on the bed. I would have brought her back to life but Cas told me if I did something like that again it could kill me. I didn't really care at all as long as it means she's here again but he refused. Now I'm here, breathing and she isn't. Everything feels like it's falling apart and it hurts.

Sam and Dean are angry at Castiel for not telling them about this. All the meanwhile they're trying to figure out any other possible ways we could bring her back. So far we have nothing and the more time passes the more my heart breaks. Sam exited the room so he could call Rowena and ask her if she knows of any spells.

Minutes later he returned saying she doesn't and the best thing to do is have a traditional hunter's funeral for her. The thought of that caused me to close my eyes so no tears would escape. This can't be happening. We only just started our relationship and had so much we haven't gotten to do together yet.

Dean slid his hand down his face and looked at her body with pain filled eyes. "She's right, all there is left to do is have a fu-" Sam started only for Dean to cut him off.

"we're not giving up on her that easily!" He yelled at his brother.

"Dean I don't want to see her go either but tell me...what else can we do?" Sam glared, there wasn't any anger on Sam's features just pain, sadness. After almost an hour of arguing over what to do we agreed unanimously that she needs to have the proper hunter's funeral.

"I know this can't be easy for you, so if you need to talk I'm here." Cas told me and I shook my head.

"It's my fault." I let out through watery eyes. He gave me a look of confusion so I proceeded. "If I were able to save her then this wouldn't have happened."

"Jack there's no way you would have been able to stop something like this." He assured me but it didn't help. I appreciate it though. Soon enough we were standing there waiting for Sam to light the match. He stopped and turned to look at me.

"You should do it," he said and I hesitantly took the match from his hands. Once I lit it up and threw it onto the wood, we watched the fire rise high. All I could do was stand there and watch her body burn. Tears had managed to find their way down my cheeks and before I could wipe them away Dean wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"I talked to Cas and he told me how your blaming yourself for this. I'm no stranger to self blame and I want you to know its not your fault. She wouldn't blame you so don't put yourself through this." He assured me and I thanked him.

After getting back to the bunker it seemed very quiet. I sat in my room staring blankly at the wall thinking of nothing but her. Maybe if we can find Chuck then he could bring her back to us, to me. I'm sure he wouldn't given our history with him though. He can't stand the Winchester's or Danielle so why would he bring her back?

There was this sudden knock at my door and I called for them to come in. My eyes glanced up to meet Dean's green ones. "Hey, get up we're leaving," he said and left the room before I could say anything. Feeling very confused I stood up and followed him down the hall and outside of the bunker.

"You drive." He said throwing his keys at me. I caught them, barely, and frowned.

"Dean I've never driven before, I don't know how." I said. He only smiled and climbed into the passenger seat of the impala. I sighed and got in the drivers seat then started up the car. He watched as I looked around the car for what to do next. A laugh escaped his mouth at my confusion.

"Put her in drive and press your foot gently on the pedal," he said as he pointed to where I need to put my foot. How can I be this clueless to driving? Once on the road he looked out the window watching the trees pass by us. "You know when I let Danielle do this she had the biggest smile on her face." He said and that put one on mine.

I like talking about her, it really helps take my mind off the pain of losing her. "Speed up a little bit." He smirked and I did. We drove fast down the empty back roads or Lawrence Kansas with Joy on our faces and excitement in our hearts. "Pretty thrilling isn't it?" He asked as his arm hung out the open window.

"It's like I'm you!" I grinned as I glanced over at him then back at the road.

"No, it's not," he smiled while looking at the road ahead of us. This drive really helped me get my mind off her and I was sure to thank Dean for that. He had me stop in front of a burger place where he went inside and got us some food. Although this day sucks because I lost my girlfriend, Dean made sure it wasn't a total bust.

"I miss you." I whispered to her, hoping she can hear it somehow.