Chapter 7

"You're my happy place"

"What the hell!" I hear a voice yell causing me to wake up and jump up in bed. Sam and Dean stood in the doorway looking at Jack and me. It all clicked and it might look wrong from their perspective. I rubbed my tired eyes and let out a sigh.

"Dean it's not what you think. He was feeling nervous and asked if I'd lay next to him." I explained. I raised an eyebrow at Dean trying to remind him that he needs to be giving Jack a chance. He rolled his eyes at me and left the room. Sam only smiled slightly and followed Dean out the door.

"That was...awkward," Jack stated from beside me and I laughed.

"Yeah." I agreed. We've got to leave to question the victim's parents in about twenty minutes so I should get ready. We're pretty sure that the case we're working on is werewolves but it still isn't confirmed. There was this 16-year-old boy who was killed and the parents are demanding answers. It's honestly sad and bugs me that an innocent kid's life was taken.

I sighed as I got up and got dressed for this meeting with the parents. Sam and Jack are going to investigate the crime scene while Dean and I talk with the parents. Once we were ready I met with the guys outside. "Ready?" Dean asked me and I nodded.

We said goodbye to Sam and Jack before climbing into the impala and leaving. "What if it's not werewolves?" I asked Dean.

"Then we're dealing with something much bigger." He said. We finally got to the family's house before Dean started knocking on the door. They opened it a moment later and we both plastered sympathetic smiles on our faces.

"Hi I'm agent Young and this is my partner Agent Campbell," Dean told the woman at the door as we held up our fake badges. "We're here to ask you a few questions about the murder of your son, Anthony Walker."

She nodded and let us come inside. We sat down on her couch while Dean and I proceeded to ask her as many questions as we could. By the time it was over we had the lead that we needed. Once back in the car Dean looked at me with a knowing look. "It's the kid's best friend." He said and I nodded agreeing.

From what we were told by the parents. Apparently, the boy's friend leads him out into the woods where he went all werewolf on him and killed him. Dean stopped at the friend's house only to find out he had run away the night of the murder. How convenient is that?

We decided to go to the local diner and meet up with Sam and Jack to inform them. While Dean filled them in I couldn't stop staring at Jack and the look of pain in his eyes. He's still upset about the last case we worked on. Rightfully so. It's just going to take a little time and sometimes that sucks.

"Alright let's go catch us a dog," Dean smirked as he put the waitress's tip money onto the table. We looked at him with small smiles on our faces.

"Did you think that was funny?" I asked.

"It's okay he tried," Sam smirked. Dean rolled his eyes and left the restaurant. We laughed and followed him out. After getting back into the impala Dean drove us back to the crime scene to see if we can find any leads on this missing kid.

"Someone said they spotted him yesterday at the cemetery where the victim is buried but it hasn't been confirmed," Sam stated as he read from his cell phone. We thought that might be a good place to start and went there.

"Are you okay?" I asked looking over at Jack who is mindlessly staring out the window. He looked at me and nodded his head even though it's not true. He's hurting.

Later we searched the cemetery but found nothing. As we started leaving there was this noise coming from the woods causing us to stop and turn around. "Do you see anything?" Dean asked us.

"No," Sam answered. We walked into the woods and looked around. I thought it might be a good idea for us to split up so Sam and Dean went one way while Jack and I went the other. Suddenly the noise kept getting closer to us but it sounded like it's coming from everywhere. We have no idea where the noise is originating from.

"Wait don't move," I told Jack. Maybe if we stay completely still we'll be able to hear where it's at. I heard it again and this time it sounded like it's behind us. Turning around the two of us came face to face with a werewolf. "They're so much bigger in person," Jack whispered. I looked over at him confused before looking back at the Wolf.

"We know what you did to your friend. It doesn't have to be this way. Let us help you." I tried reasoning with him. Only he didn't want to be reasoned with. He began to attack us so I pulled out my gun. As if that will do a whole lot.

I started to shoot but he had already tackled me to the ground. The feeling of his claws ripping into my stomach caused me to scream in pain. "No!" Jack yelled as he used his power to throw the werewolf off me. Sam and Dean came running over to us and their eyes widened seeing me.

"Get her to a hospital! We've got this!" Dean yelled at Jack. He nodded and picked me up in his arms.

"Don't worry Danielle, I'm not gonna let anything happen to you." He assured me as he took me to the hospital. That's all I could remember before my eyes closed and everything went dark.