Chapter 10

"Since you've been around I smile a lot more than I used to"

Breakfast that next morning felt extremely awkward. Dean was glaring at Jack and me while Cas had a look of disappointment on his face. Sam seemed to be the only one who wasn't staring with some sort of hurtful look. What is going on with them? It started to make me uncomfortable to the point I didn't want to eat anymore.

"Okay spill," I finally let out. "Why are you guys staring at us?" I asked. Dean grunted.

"We know you guys went out on a date last night." Dean glared. "Danielle what did I tell you?" He asked.

"Wait what?" My eyes widened. "You guys were spying on us?" Anger started bubbling up inside me. I knew Dean never trusted him but he really didn't trust me either. And I never thought Cas would stoop down to that level.

"I'm glad we did because you're never seeing each other again." Dean glared.

"Danielle I don't think it's a good idea for you two to be seeing each other. Especially with every Angel and demon after him." Cas informed me.

"Yeah and not to mention Lucifer too," Dean added. I looked to Sam who seemed to be agreeing with everything Cas and Dean said. It honestly broke my heart because I thought they would have trusted me. I've known the Winchesters pretty much my whole life. I looked to Jack to see him looking down at his food as if that's the most interesting thing in the room.

"You guys are-" I began but Jack cut me off.

"Maybe they're right." He said. "Maybe we shouldn't have gone out last night. It's only dangerous for you and I don't want anything to happen to you." He said. That actually hurt more than what Dean and Cas said.

"Fine have it your way, you win." I looked at Dean and he gave me an apologetic look. I ignored it and left. I left the bunker and decided just to go for a walk. One that I need to clear my head and think about my life, my choices. This feels like high school all over again. Sam and Dean always kept me from dating people in high school because they were being protective.

But this is different. Jack is different. I'm not sure what it is about him or what it is that I like so much about him. Being with him and spending time with him feels better, not like with anyone else. I'm just really hurt that they feel this way and now it's reflecting on Jack. He agrees with them when just last night he couldn't wait to sneak out to spend time with me.

I stopped and let out a sigh as I stood on the bridge near the bunker. Under the bridge is a shallow lake that looks quite beautiful. Not many cars pass on this road because it's a back road and not on most maps. I looked down at the water and started feeling calmer. This was much needed because if I had to spend another minute in a room with Dean I would have screamed.

After a few minutes, I decided to head back and try to talk things out with them. On my way, I got the feeling someone is following me. With my line of work, it's a possibility so I'm always safe and prepared. But this time I'm not. All I have is some stupid pocket knife that I keep in my right boot. That wouldn't do much good against anything supernatural.

I quickly turned around to find no one in sight before picking up my pace and walking faster. When the bunker came into sight I felt relieved that I'm almost home. Suddenly I felt a hand cover my mouth and strong arms around my waist. I screamed but they only came out muffled. That's all I could remember before things went dark.

My eyes opened and I tried looking around but everything was blurry. I can't see anything except the blurred figure that stood right in front of me. My heartbeat quickened as I screamed out for help, only it sounded quiet from my voice weirdly being strained.

"Please," I whispered. My vision slowly came back to me and my eyes widened seeing who stood in front of me. It's Lucifer. Why would he kidnap me and tie me up in what looks to be an abandoned factory? That's not really his thing and it's kind of weird. It's out of character for him. "Look at you." He grinned as he walked a few feet away from me.

He turned to look at me and smiled wildly. "I bet you being missing has those idiots reeling." He laughed more to himself than to me. No words could leave my mouth and instead all I could do was stare at him in complete fear and anger. More fear though, only I'm not going to tell him that and let him use it against me.

But it is Lucifer standing in front of me so he can probably smell it on me. To be honest I wouldn't put anything past him. He's a crazy asshole who needs to be taught a lesson. "What do you want with me?" I asked him annoyed. He then busts out laughing causing me to frown confused at him. What the hell is so funny?

"As if you don't know," he said. "My son is a lovesick fool for you and I figured taking you would be my best way of getting him back." He informed me.

"Well your too late because he said he doesn't want to be with me anymore." I sort of lied. Jack did say it was a good idea for us not to be together right now. He never said he didn't want to be with me though. "Jack hates me." I lied.

"See you almost got me there, I'll give you that." He grinned while coming closer to me. "Maybe it's time you take another nap." He said and that's all I remembered before once again blacking out.