Chapter 25

"Some times I wonder if love is worth fighting for

"Some times I wonder if love is worth fighting for. Then I look at you and I'm ready for war"

Sam and Dean came back home this morning while I still was asleep. I found them both in the kitchen drinking an entire pot of coffee. The looks on their faces made it obvious that they're tired. These last couple of weeks have worn them out. Bags were under Dean's eyes and Sam's looked red from lack of sleep.

When they saw me enter the kitchen all they could do was muster up small smiles. "You guys should sleep, take a break for a while." I told them. Sam agreed with that and wished us a Goodnight while he went to sleep the day away. Meanwhile Dean had his head rested on the table, trying not to fall asleep.

"There's no rest for us, just crap loads of coffee and energy drinks." He tried laughing at his own joke but failed.

"Well I feel otherwise. Just get some rest, you deserve it." I assured him. He let out a defeated sigh and nodded his head. After saying a quick goodbye he went to his room where he remained all day. Once the boys went to bed I started on breakfast for Jack and I. He will be excited to know they're back. Just as I started cooking I feel a presence behind me and turned to see Cas.

"Hey Cas, how did it go?" I asked.

"Okay, no one died...well except the monster we were hunting." He said. I smiled and turned to face him. He didn't look wore out at all. He instead look fully alert and ready for the next hunt.

"Cas be honest with me. Does it ever tire you out doing back to back hunts all the time?" I asked. He frowned at me, giving it a moment to think about then looked back at me.

"No it doesn't. Being a celestial being-" he started but stopped when I started laughing.

"I get it your an Angel of the lord." I laughed. He gave me a small grin just as Jack entered the room rubbing the tiredness out of his eyes. He looked between Cas and I then wished us a good morning.

"Something smells good," he smiled while sitting down at the table.

"What you smell is waffles. I decided to make them homemade." I told him and he smiled. After the food got done Jack and I sat at the table to eat and Cas left the bunker in search of another case that no one is ready for. "Where is Sam and Dean," Jack asked before stuffing his mouth with chocolate chip waffles.

"They went to bed, resting up for a bit." I said. He nodded. Later when finishing breakfast I started doing the dishes when my phone started ringing from on the table. I dried my hands before going to answer it, seeing that it's Castiel.

"Danielle, I found a case here in town. I'm not sure how we missed this but there's a simple salt and burn I could use your help with. You can bring Jack, we'll be fine without Sam and Dean." He told me and I agreed. Cas gave me the directions while Jack and I got ready to head out.

Just incase anything happens I did leave a note on both their doors letting them know where the three of us left to. It took about thirty-five minutes to get there but we met Cas in an old cemetery. Looking around I didn't notice any newly dug graves. I'm happy to see no one has died recently. "So who is our ghost?" I asked as we approached Cas.

"This woman who died in 1983," he pointed to the grave stone and I checked it out. So it says she's a loving daughter, sister, wife, and mother. I frowned wondering what could be her deal to make her want to go around killing people. "She's been tricking children into these woods where they would go missing and never be found. People think she's killing them and I agree." Cas informed us.

"Why though? What's so special about children?" Jack asked confused.

"Well the story goes, she killed her children in cold blood and any child that sets foot in this cemetery is sworn to death."

That surprised me to hear but I nodded and agreed to help put this woman to rest. We got started on getting the weapons we need along with tons of salt. This case shouldn't be too difficult since I've done plenty of them before.

Later after the sun went down we headed back to the cemetery and waited for her appearance. Everything is set up and ready to go, all we need now is her. My heart dropped from my chest when I saw her sitting in front of her grave, weeping. "I'm gonna make a move just wait," I told them.

Before they could protest I cautiously made my way closer to her, my shotgun held high and ready to fire. "Hey, Chloe!" I called her name, the same one I saw on her tombstone. She slowly turned her head to look at me. Her eyes were dull and lifeless which gave me the creeps.

"Can you help me find my children? They went missing." She asked in a sweet innocent voice.

"It's time for you to move on, stop hurting these innocent children." I told her. That seemed to make her angry and she glared at me. She tried stepping closer and that's when I shot one of my rock salt bullets at her. She disappeared temporarily so Cas and Jack came over to me.

"What was that?" Cas asked.

"Me doing my job," I rolled my eyes. "Quick behind you." I said and Cas turned to see her coming at him. He shot at her but she dodged it by disappearing. "Where did she go?" I asked as we all looked around.

"I don't know," Jack frantically said. Suddenly before I could speak I felt a pain in my chest. "No!" Jack shouted while trying to kill her. My body fell to the ground and everything went black.