Chapter 20

"I found someone I want to annoy for the rest of my life"

When arriving in Los Angeles we stopped to get some food before checking into a fancy hotel. It's nothing like those dirty old motels we stay in most of the time. We got a pretty expensive room that happened to have two bedrooms and even its own kitchen. This was totally out of character for Dean to do but I'm not complaining.

Sam and Dean took the room with two beds and gave the other one to Jack and me. Upon walking into the place my eyes were almost widened at how nice it is. Not all motels are dirty or gross but some of the ones I'm used to are. It never really mattered to us because we only ever stayed overnight and left the next day.

While we're here I think I'm going to enjoy staying here. The moment our feet stepped through the door Dean smiled. "This is why I love this city." He smiled. Sam frowned and turned to look at his brother.

"Dean you hate California." He stated making me smirk. He only rolled his eyes and set his bag down. We almost immediately got to work on this case. The room is filled with complete silence as we work at the beautiful marble table in the kitchen. We probably spent hours there until Cas found us a lead.

"So it says here that the woman's body was found just this evening in the woods. But they can't seem to find her husband anywhere." He read from the article on the computer.

"Should we check it out?" Sam frowned. I nodded and thought that maybe it would be a good idea if we did. We figured it'd be best for only two of us to go and those two were Sam and Dean. They got ready and left to investigate the crime scene. Meanwhile, Cas, Jack, and I are going to continue our search.

Hours passed and we found a few possible leads that we would follow up on tomorrow. It's getting late and I'm getting sleepy. Sam went to bed long before any of us did and I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. Once saying goodnight to everyone I went and got my pjs on before climbing into bed.

My night clothes only consist of pajama pants and a t-shirt. Some times I'll wear shorts to bed but that's only if it's really hot in the room. It's fairly chilly tonight so a pair of pajama pants feels right. Minutes passed and I started dozing off when the door to the bedroom began to open. I smirked knowing it's Jack.

He laid down next to me, wrapping his arms around my body. I turned to face him and ran my fingers through his soft hair. "Big day tomorrow." I said while looking into his bright yet tired blue eyes.

"Yeah, I'm just upset people had to die." He let out and I understood that. It makes me upset too when we can't save everyone but that's apart of this life.

"I know it's awful."

He took my hand out his hair and tangled his fingers in mine. There's a hint of a smile on his face as he looks into my eyes. We were left in this comfortable silence while enjoying each other's company. After a few moments he grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him before kissing my lips.

I feel like he never fails to surprise me in everything he does. Even if the kiss surprised me I kissed him back, loving every second of it. I reached my hand up to cup his cheek and deepen the kiss.

"Stop! No more of whatever this was going to lead to!" We hear Dean yell in the doorway. I pulled away and sat up to see him standing there glaring at us. Jack had a look of embarrassment on his face while he tried to cover his red cheeks.

"You're so annoying," I playfully rolled my eyes.

"I like to call it protective." He smiled. "Now go to bed and by bed I mean sleep nothing more." He finished before closing the door behind him. Once he left the room a laugh erupted from my mouth and I couldn't contain myself. Jack seemed confused by this as he looked at me with a frown.

"Well that was awkward." I smiled while laying down next to him.

"Yeah, it was." He agreed.

"We probably should get some sleep if we want to stay alert tomorrow." I informed him. He nodded and turned to lay on his back. I then rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes, loving the feeling of his arms wrapped tightly around me. I'm starting to wonder if that would have leaded to more if Dean didn't interrupt.

It couldn't have because Jack and I aren't ready for something like that yet. Our relationship kind of just formed and we're still getting to know each other. We need to be in a good place before making things that serious. Of course I love him to death but Dean is right. We should probably just wait.

My mind raced with thoughts so I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep. Turns out I didn't end up getting to sleep until around midnight. I'm going to be so tired tomorrow morning.