Chapter 12

"If I know what love is, it's because of you"

"Goodbye." Lucifer smiled before him and Jack disappeared. My heart broke as I cried into Dean's chest. How could this have happened? We have to get Jack back no matter what the cost may be. I won't let Lucifer do this and get away with it as if it means nothing. Dean helped me get into the car before the four of us drove back home.

"I'm sorry Danielle." Sam spoke up in the silence of the car. I'm too tired and upset to even say anything to him right now. I just want to go home and shower then crawl into bed and cry. The ride felt like it dragged on but before I knew it Dean was turning off the engine while I climbed out and went inside.

I would have thought it'd feel good being home but it doesn't. The bunker seems empty and lifeless without Jack here. "Are you hungry? I can go get you some food." Dean asked me. I turned to face him and shook my head no.

"I just want to sleep, that's all." I mumbled then exited the room. After my amazing shower I got into bed and finally relaxed my body from the past twenty four hours. A sigh escaped my mouth as I stared up at the ceiling. My heart began breaking as thoughts of Jack rushed through my mind.

I felt tears stream down my cheeks and I wiped them away. Everything hurts and to be honest I'm sick of feeling this way. I'm not sure why or how it happened but I've fallen for Jack. I think I'm in love with him and now he's gone. With my luck the guy I love is gone and there's nothing I can do about it.

My eyes closed and soon enough sleep overcame me. When waking up the next morning the bunker was silent. It made me frown as I climbed out of bed and made my way into the kitchen for something to eat. That's where I found Cas talking with Dean but the moment they saw me silence took over the room.

"Don't stop on my watch." I told them while opening the fridge and looking for some milk to put in my cereal.

"We're sorry Danielle. It's just, with Jack gone we want to make sure your okay. I promise we are looking for ways to get him back." Cas tried assuring me.

"Yeah but no rush," Dean added. Cas glared at him then looked back to me.

"I'm fine. It's whatever." I shrugged my shoulders while pouring my bowl of cereal. They watched as I sat at the table and began to eat. "Can you guys stop looking at me it's starting to creep me out?" I asked. Dean sighed and sat down with me.

"I know how much he meant to you and I'm sorry. But if getting him back means it puts a smile back on your face then I'll do whatever I can." Dean promised. That actually put a slight smile on my face as I leaned over to give him a hug.

"I love you guys." I mumbled into Dean's shoulder. He chuckled.

"I love you too."

After breakfast I joined the guys in the library where we did some research. Cas left to go see if he can get back into heaven to get Jack. Who even knows where Lucifer took him anyway? Sam sighed when he couldn't find anything and closed the book he was reading. He started on another and kept going.

Hours passed and my stomach started growling with hunger. The boys heard it and Dean smiled at me. "I say lunch break." He called. I agreed and the three of us got into the impala before heading to the nearest diner. All I could do on the way there was look out the window and up at the sky. It almost looks extra blue today, if that's even possible.

The clouds are big, white, and puffy just floating around up there. When we got to the restaurant they seemed to know what they wanted but not me. I just mindlessly stared at my menu, thinking about Jack. At this point my mind isn't even on food anymore and I could care less that I'm starving. All I want now is Jack to come home.

"That's Cas." Dean frowned as he held up his ringing phone. He walked outside to answer it, leaving Sam and I at the table.

"Do you know what you want?" He asked and I shook my head no. He sighed and looked at me apologetically. "I know you miss him, so do I. But Danielle we won't let Lucifer get away with this. I promise you we will get him back." He smiled assuringly. I nodded and thanked him. I decided on a cheeseburger with some fries and some water.

It's good if I stay hydrated after the long day I had yesterday. Being tortured takes it out of you. Soon Dean came back inside and told us what Cas said to him. "So apparently Lucifer took Jack to heaven and is threatening all the other angels. They need help trying to get Lucifer thrown out."

"Then what are we still doing here? Let's go help!" I asked while standing up and heading for the door. Dean stopped me in the parking lot and gave me a saddened look.

"We can't get into heaven. Only Cas can but he is on top of it. We're getting him back but we need a little bit more time." He said. I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair, wanting to rip it out from the stress.

"This is just perfect. He needs me and I can't help him! I feel so useless!" I let out, my anger showing. After everything all my anger bubbled up to the surface. Sam came over to me and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back and felt like completely breaking down.

"We're here for you Danielle, it's all gonna be okay. We've dealt with worse." Sam whispered and I agreed while pulling away and looking at both the Winchesters.

"Let's go meet up with Cas, shall we?" Dean said and I nodded as we got into the car and left. I'm coming Jack, wait for me.