Chapter 4

"It doesn't matter where I am. I'm yours."

The Dodge City case didn't go as planned when Jack accidentally killed an innocent guy

The Dodge City case didn't go as planned when Jack accidentally killed an innocent guy. Now Sam, Cas, and I are taking him back home while Dean finishes up the case. I looked over at Jack and saw the look of pain on his face as Cas assured him these things happen. I've killed my fair share of people and felt guilty about it.

To this day I still feel guilty but it's something I'm trying to work on. Once getting back to the bunker Jack went to his room. I thought it would be best to let him have space but Cas didn't feel that way. While Cas went to talk to him Sam and I sat down in the library and sighed. "What are we gonna do?" I asked feeling completely lost.

"Honestly Danielle, I have no idea." He responded. I let out a sigh as I rested my head on the table. Obviously Jack didn't mean to hurt that man but that doesn't change the way he feels right now. Soon Cas entered the room and looked at us hopelessly. "He doesn't want to talk right now." Cas told us as he sat down.

Hours passed when Jack finally came into the room and joined us. We were all sitting around waiting for Dean to return home. "Are you feeling any better?" I asked the most stupid question ever. He looked at me then back down at the table.

"No." He explained to me. It hurts me to see him like this. Just half an hour later Dean came back. He looked completely drained which is how we're all feeling at this current moment. He looked to Jack who is sitting in the library still feeling extremely upset.

"How'd it go?" I asked Dean trying to break the silence. He set his bag down onto the table and looked at me. "Usual. Killed the bad guy, saved the girl."

"What about the uh..." Sam began to ask.

"Took care of it," Dean told us and I sighed. Looking at Jack like this is saddening. He's still so new at experiencing the world and dealing with this on top of it must be hard for him. "Good." Sam responded.

"Good?" Jack asked angrily. We looked at him as he stood from his seat. "How is that good? I killed someone. What was his name? The guard? Did he have a family?" Jack asked as he stepped closer to us. My heart sank.

"Jack don't do this to yourself," Cas spoke up but Jack wasn't having it. He wanted answers and he wanted them now.

"No did he?"

I shared a glance with Dean before he looked over at Jack. "Yes he did."

There was a moment of silence as I looked down at the ground sadly. "Jack look, this life, what we do, it's...it's not easy. And we've all done things we regret." I tried to explain to him but he stopped me.

"Just don't." He demanded. Sam took a step back and nodded his head. "Your afraid of me."

"Jack no," Cas told him.

"No, maybe your right. Maybe I'm just another monster." He let out sadly. My heart ached for him and I wanted to hug him and let him know everything is going to be okay but honestly I don't know if it is.

"No your not." Dean spoke up. "I thought you were. I did. But...like Danielle said, we've all done bad. We all have blood on our hands. So if your a monster we're all monsters."

"No, you don't...every time I try and do something good, people get hurt. I thought I was getting better. I'm not...I don't know what I am, but I know I can't make the world a better place, not like this. I can't even do one good thing. And I know that if I stay I'm gonna hurt you," he told us.

His eyes then met mine. "All of you. And I can't...you're all I have." He let out. It broke my heart to pieces hearing that.

"Jack listen," Sam began to speak up but Jack cut him short.

"I have to go."

"No Jack." Cas begged. I felt completely hopeless in this right now and wanted to do anything to get him to stay.

"Jack don't do this." I begged him. He looked at me with pain filled eyes. "I'm sorry." He whispered. He then sent us flying across the room. My back hit a wall and I fell to the floor groaning. He looked at us all before his eyes fell on me. "I'm so sorry." And with that he disappeared.

My heart dropped and I stood to my feet in a panic. "Jack!" Cas yelled. No words left my mouth as I stared blankly at the spot he once stood. Tears wanted to pour from my eyes but I wouldn't let them. Sam noticed my saddened state and pulled me into a hug.

I clung to Sam, feeling my heart break. He didn't have to leave like this. I would have helped him get through this. We're a family and we go through these things together. I just hope he knows what he's doing.