Chapter 6

"What I have with you...is something I don't want with anyone else"

Things around the bunker have been weird and tense thanks to the argument Dean and I had a few days ago

Things around the bunker have been weird and tense thanks to the argument Dean and I had a few days ago. Jack definitely has been suspecting something but never brought it up. As of right now, I'm done talking to Dean until he realizes that Jack isn't a bad person. Today we're all working a case together so I'm a bit on edge.

I've decided to shower then pack a bag before heading into the library. Once arriving I saw everyone waiting for me. I'm always the last one to get ready for a hunt and they hate me for it. "Where's Cas?" I frowned confused.

"He's got something to do so looks like it's just the four of us," Sam assured. I nodded and we headed out. The car ride was silent but I liked that because it gives me some sleeping time. Before completely passing out I looked over and saw Jack looking out the window with a look of sadness on his face.

Without even thinking about it I grabbed his hand in mine and held it tightly. He looked down at our connected hands then up at me. "Are you okay?" I asked him, quietly so Sam and Dean wouldn't hear. He nodded his head yes and held my hand even tighter.

That's all I remembered until waking up hours later to Sam calling my name. My eyes opened and I frowned while sitting up and looking around. Looks like we finally made it to the motel. "Come on. Dean got you and Jack a room together." Sam told me.

When I walked into the motel room I saw Jack setting his things down onto his bed. "Are you upset about Dean?" I asked him as I set my stuff down on the other bed. He sighed and looked at me before shaking his head yes. "Jack I know how Dean thinks and how he processes things but I promise you he will come around."

"I'm not so sure about that Danielle. He really hates me," he let out as he sat down on the bed. "Dean hates me because I'm lucifers son."

It made me feel heartbroken for him as I sat next to him and rested my head on his shoulder. "I know," I whispered. He sighed and stood up off the bed.

"I'm gonna go change. It's been a while since I've slept." He informed me. I nodded my head and he left for the bathroom. If Dean and I weren't fighting right now then I'd try to have a civil conversation with him about this. But maybe if I talk to him it could help make Jack feel better.

I knocked on the door of Sam and Dean's room and waited for someone to answer. Gladly it was Dean that answered the door. "What?" He asked, in a very bored tone. I held myself back from rolling my eyes at him.

"Can we talk, alone please?"

He looked at Sam then nodded his head before joining me outside. We sat down on a bench outside the motel and he waited for me to speak. "Listen, Dean, I'm sorry about the conversation we had a couple of days ago. But could you please do me a favor and give Jack a chance? He's been trying so hard to prove himself to you." I practically begged him.

Dean let out a sigh and shook his head yes. "Fine I'll give him a chance but that doesn't mean I have to trust him."

"No of course not but thanks. It means a lot to me," I smiled. We stood and he wrapped me in an assuring hug. I hugged him back and felt happy to be on good terms with him again. Dean is like a brother to me and I'd do anything for him.

"Get some rest. We've got work to do tomorrow." He told me. Once saying Goodnight to him I headed back into the room where Jack lay in bed in the complete darkness. I'm honestly way too exhausted to change so I got into my bed and covered up before closing my eyes.

Minutes passed and I still wasn't able to fall asleep. That's when I hear Jack speak up. "Danielle, are you still awake?" He asked, in a hushed tone.

"Yeah, I am," I whispered back. I'm not really sure why we're whispering when no one can hear us.

"I heard you talking to Dean outside, the door was left cracked open. Thank you for that." He admitted to me. I slightly smiled even though he couldn't see it and assured him everything will be okay. Suddenly the light came on and I looked to see Jack sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Are you okay?" I asked frowning.

"No. I know this might sound strange but would you mind sleeping with me tonight?" He asked.

"What?" My eyes slightly widened as I sat up in bed.

"I mean like laying down and going to sleep. I'm just feeling..." he paused not knowing what word to use for his feelings. I've been there and completely understand. I'm not sure why my mind went to something completely different than what he meant. It's not like he knows what...never mind.

"Lonely?" I finished his sentence for him. He nodded and gave me a shy smile. I agreed and crawled into bed next to him. Once we were both under the blankets I turned the light off and sighed. Feels kind of weird being in the same bed as him. I know it must be hard for him since he barely sleeps, being half Angel and all.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes just wanting to get some sleep. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm ready to see how much of a chance Dean is willing to give Jack. I just hope things change.