Chapter 18

"I'm gonna love you for a very long time"

It's been a couple of days since the whole Lucifer thing. Jack has been avoiding talking about his feelings about that night. He won't talk to me, Cas, or anyone for that matter. I'm worried about him and how he's feeling. I just wish he would talk to me about it. I'm not trying to pry so that's why I'm letting him have some space.

I'm sure he will come to me when he's ready. Sam and Dean thought it would be best for us to spend a few days at home, take a break from everything. I agreed with that idea because I really needed the rest. Jack on the other hand has barely come out of his room at all since then. As I sit here in the library with Sam and Dean he's in his room.

They assured me he needs some time and I listened to them. Going against what they told me and what I told myself, I stood and went to his room. When standing outside his door my mind raced on whether or not I should knock. Before doing anything his door opened and he looked at me a tad bit surprised.

"Danielle, what are you doing?" He asks confused.

"I came to see if your alright. I'm worried about you Jack," I say. "You haven't been acting the same since Lucifer."

He sighed and let me come inside his room. We sat down together and I waited for him to talk. I'm here to listen and to help the best way that I can. "I'm just not feeling...happy. I never considered Lucifer to be my father but now I've lost both my parents. It all feels too real. I miss my mom." He let out to me.

Not saying a word I hugged him tightly and he liked that because he hugged me back even tighter. "I'm sorry Jack, I know that pain all too well," I pulled away to look him in the eyes. "But something that's gotten me through it all was having Sam and Dean by my side. I think what I'm trying to say is we're all here for you, Jack. That's just what family does." I assured him. 

He gave me a slight smile while tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. I grabbed his hand in mine and held onto it. "I feel really lucky to have you, baby." He smiled. A wide smile that I haven't seen in a while. One that made me happy to see.

After our talk we went into the library where Sam, Dean, and Cas were working. "You got him to come out of his room." Dean smiled as we sat down.

"Yes she did," Jack said as he smiled over at me. "She's something special."

"I'm happy your feeling better," Cas told and Sam agreed.

We then started doing some research trying to look for any new cases. I think these last couple of days were a much needed break but now I'm ready to get back to work. We spent hours looking until Dean found one for us to look into. We ended up spending the whole day trying to find out what monster we're dealing with.

It sounded a lot like a Wendigo, which is something we haven't dealt with in a while. For some odd unknown reason Dean was kind of hoping that's what it is. Later that night we had our minds set on it being just that so we packed up our stuff and prepared to head out tomorrow morning.

As I got ready for bed there was a knock on my bedroom door. Frowning slightly I opened it to find Jack. That frown turned into a smile as I let him come inside. "Hey, I was wondering if I could sleep in here tonight. I've been having nightmares the past couple of nights..they're about Lucifer." He told me.

"Of course." I agreed. He smiled tiredly while coming over to me and holding my waist firmly in his hands. He then proceeded to lean in close, placing his soft lips to mine. It made me smile before wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him back. It felt like a kiss that could last forever until sadly pulling away.

"Did you finish packing?" He asked. I nodded my head yes.

"Did you?" I raised an eyebrow. He assured me that he's finished and I nodded. That's when we got ready for bed then laid down under the blankets. Once comfortably in bed he wrapped in his arm around my body then pulled me closer to him. "Thank you for this," he whispered. "I didn't want to be alone again tonight."

"Your welcome and you never have to be alone. You can always come to me." I said. I actually waited for him to fall asleep first to make sure he's okay then soon enough my eyes closed and I drifted off into a deep sleep.