Chapter 23

"I like the way we feel together"

After climbing into the driver's seat of Dean's precious car my heart jumped. If I do anything so much as crashing this car he will not hesitate to kill me. He noticed my nervous state and let out a deep laugh. "Danielle it's okay, just relax and drive as if it's any other car. But be more careful because I will murder you." He glared. My eyes widened and I looked over at him.

"I'm joking, just start her up." He teased. I nodded and turned the key in the ignition. The sound of the impala roaring to life made me smile. The garage opened and pretty soon we were on the road. Dean sat comfortably in the passenger seat while I drove the car at 25mph on a 35mph road.

"If you drove any slower I'd mistaken you as my grandma." He joked making me roll my eyes. When I grew the courage to go faster a smile spread wide across Dean's face. He watched the trees whip by us as the speed of the car increased. "See, I told you this would be fun." He commented.

"Yeah, your right this is fun." I smiled over at him then back at the road. After a few minutes of driving, we entered into town. Dean saw an ice cream shop and got excited so we stopped there and let him get some. To be honest I got some too and it's not bad. They make some of the best ice cream I've probably ever had.

When getting back on the road I started driving us back home. "So why did you let me drive your car in the first place? Normally your so uptight about it." I raised a curious eyebrow. He smiled while letting out a chuckle.

"I was feeling generous," he joked. "Honestly I don't know why I did. I just figured that lately we've been through a lot and thought maybe this would be fun for you." He told me and I smiled. I definitely was sure to thank him for this after pulling back up to the bunker. When walking into the bunker we got confused looks from both Sam and Jack.

"Where have you two been?" Sam asked while we entered the library.

"I let Danielle here drive my car." Dean grinned as he looked at his shocked brother.

"Wow, I-" Sam couldn't even form words because this actually shocked him so much.

"I had the same reaction," I smirked and Sam smiled.

My eyes met with Jack and he gave me a small smile. He came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Did you have fun?" He asked and I nodded my head yes. He leaned over and placed a kiss on my cheek. Dean raised an eyebrow at us and I grinned.

"No PDA." He ordered us and I laughed.

"Yes father," I teased making him playfully glare at me. Deciding that I received enough glares from Dean I went into my room. Today actually felt good and I haven't had one of these kinds of days in a while. With the whole Lucifer thing we had to deal with and the nonstop hunting, today was fun.

I'm happy that our lives are going back to somewhat normal. Not that what we did was normal but it's good to have such incredible people like them in my life. "I thought we were gonna be taking a nap." I hear Jack and turn to find him in the doorway of my bedroom.

"Sorry, I wasn't tired then got thirsty so I went in the kitchen to get some water. Then Dean offered me to drive his car and-" I started rambling on about why I wasn't there when he woke up. He stopped me by coming over to me and holding my waist firmly in his hands then placing a soft kiss to my lips. I kissed him back, happily. Soon we pulled away and I smiled shyly at him.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"To shut you up." He smirked and I chuckled. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him in for a tight hug. He liked that and hugged me back. We stayed in each other's embrace for a while until pulling away. "Cas called while you guys were gone, they need help." He told me.

"Okay, we'll leave first thing tomorrow morning." I nodded but he shook his head no.

"Sam and Dean are going. I thought it would be nice for us to spend time together. We haven't gotten to in a while." He told me and I gave him a smile.

"Well it's just going to be the two of us tomorrow. What do you have in mind for tomorrow?" I asked and he frowned trying to think of something. "We can have a movie marathon or go out to do something." I suggested. He liked that idea and agreed that we can do anything, just as long as we're together.

"We can even have a party since Dean won't be here to stop it," I joked but I'm not totally sure he took it as one.

"Who would we invite?" He frowned.

"Thanks for reminding me I have no friends." I teased making him smile. "So the party thing is a bust but we can still have a lot of fun tomorrow." I assured him. He nodded and pulled me close to him. I'm happy it's going to be just the two of us. We could use the alone time, considering we haven't gotten any of it in a while.