Chapter 11

"One day I caught myself smiling without any reason

"One day I caught myself smiling without any reason. Then I realized I was thinking of you"

Jack Pov

My heart pounded in my chest as we searched everywhere for Danielle and couldn't find her anywhere. Where could she have gone? Ever since she went missing all Dean has done is blame me for it. He said if she wasn't so in love with me then this would have never happened. He's right though, it is my fault.

Some times I wish we never met so her life wouldn't be dangerous because of me. But then other times I feel guilty for thinking that way because I really do like her. What Dean said really got me thinking and I wondered. Does she really love me like that? Do I love her? I'm still not quite understanding of the concept of love just yet.

It all confuses me and I don't even think I know how to love. Having her go missing like this is something that terrifies me to death. I don't want to lose her, I can't. She means more to me than anything else in the world and...I think I might love her. My thoughts were stopped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Turning around there stood Cas giving me an apologetic look.

"I heard what Dean said to you earlier. It's not your fault she's gone. We will find her but all we have so far is dead ends." He told me. Suddenly a thought popped into my head and I might have an idea of who took her. Lucifer has been looking everywhere for me and would do anything to find me. What if he's behind all this?

I brought up the suggestion to Cas and he seemed to agree with me. So much so that he told the Winchesters and they thought it's a possible lead. We did everything we could from research to contacting people who might know of his whereabouts but nothing. We got nothing and she's still gone. My head turned to look at Dean and he had a look of pure anger in his eyes.

"Once we find her I don't want the two of you near each other ever again. Do you understand!" He glared at me. Before I could answer Sam chimed in.

"Dean this isn't his fault. Can you stop blaming him for one second and try to think of any other leads?" Sam sighed. Dean only rolled his eyes and started trying to find some other ways to find Lucifer. It took us what felt like forever but really was only about six or seven hours to find a lead on him.

Rowena did her best on getting us a tracking spell where she found him hiding out in some old factory. "What reason would he have in a factory unless he was holding someone there?" Cas asked everyone. I agreed with him. Even though this is all my fault there's nothing I wouldn't do to get her back.

When on the road it fell silent, no one saying a word. It may be really awkward but I'm happy with the silence. I'm not in the mood to listen to Dean explain to me how this is my fault over and over again. I care about her too and want nothing than for her to be safe, to be okay.

Hours later we pulled up in front of the factory. The sun began to set while we climbed out of the car and gathered around the trunk where Dean keeps all his weapons. "It's Lucifer so we're gonna need to be careful. Cas you got your Angel blade?" Dean asked. Cas nodded and looked to Sam who held out his.

"You stay back and let us handle it." Dean glared at me. I only gave him a saddened look while we headed inside. We made sure to be quiet so we weren't heard but of course Lucifer heard us. "Welcome!" He greeted us while turning to look at us.

My eyes landed on Danielle and the huge gash on her cheek. He cut her. Her face is bloody and her left eye is almost swollen shut. I'm the worst friend in the world. "Jack! Hey, I missed you." He smiled at me and I barely could look him in the eye. Danielle gave me a look of pain causing me to immediately look down.

"Let her go now!" Dean glared coldly at him.

"See this doesn't have to be so hard. I will happily let her go if Jack agrees to come with me and take over all of heaven and hell." He smiled evilly.

"Absolutely not." Cas denied before I could even say a word. I grabbed Cas' arm causing him to look at me with a frown. "I'm sorry." Is all I could tell him before turning and looking to Lucifer.

"I'll go with you but not until Danielle is standing next to me, where I know she's safe." I said. He smiled and hesitantly untied her. She rushed to me and pulled me into a tight hug that I happily returned.

"Please don't do this." She whispered in my ear as tears rolled down her cheeks. I pulled away from the hug and looked at her saddened state.

"I'm so sorry." I told her before stepping over to Lucifer. Dean grabbed Danielle and held her in a tight hug. She latched onto Dean as she cried for me not to go.

"Smart choice." Lucifer whispered in my ear. I only closed my eyes while trying to hold back my tears. They don't know how hard it is for me to leave her, to leave my family. My heart is aching for her right now and it's a pain I've never felt before. It's a pain I don't ever want to feel again.

"Goodbye." Lucifer smiled at them before we disappeared.