Chapter 24

"Thinking of you keeps me awake

"Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive"

As soon as the brothers left Jack and I pulled each other into tight hugs. We had wide smiles on our faces, happy to finally be alone. I pulled him in for a quick kiss then gave him a happy smile. "First things first, breakfast." I grinned and he nodded agreeing with me. The two of us headed into the kitchen where I made breakfast and he tried to help.

When it got done we sat at the table to eat together. He nodded after tasting it, loving that we did such a good job. "It's not bad." He mumbled with pancakes in his mouth. That put a smile on my face as I continued to enjoy my food. "So what is the plan for today?" He asked after taking a sip of his orange juice.

"Do you want to head into town, maybe look around the shops or something?" I asked. He nodded his head yes and agreed that would be a good idea. Soon after finishing breakfast I took a shower and got dressed before meeting Jack in the library. He sat patiently waiting for me to get ready.

"Okay I'm done," I smiled while entering the room. He looked at me and sighed relieved. That made me frown while I watched him stand to his feet. "What?" I ask.

"Nothing," he shrugged. "You just take forever to get ready." He stated. That made me chuckle and place a kiss on his cheek. We then left and started driving around town trying to figure out where we want to go first. "Do you remember on our first date when you said I'd enjoy bowling?" He asks and I nod my head yes.

"Well I want to go bowling." He smiled. Looking over at him and that large perfect smile made it impossible to ever tell him no. I agreed and drove us to the bowling alley. When we got there and went inside I gave the man at the front my shoe size. While he went and got my shoes I turned to Jack.

"What's your shoe size?" I asked him. He frowned while looking down at his feet.

"Large?" He stated but more as a question. A slight chuckle left my mouth.

"Give me your shoe and I'll check for you." I assured him. He seemed to not understand how this whole thing works but reluctantly gave me his shoe. After checking his size and telling the man we both got our shoes and headed over to a bench to put them on.

"I'll go first to show you how things work." I told him and he nodded. He watched my every move and listened to my every word as I went first. I only ended up knocking down four pins and didn't even get my spare. When it came time for him to go he didn't even make it. The ball went in the gutter and he missed all ten pins.

It's his first time so he's gonna need time to get used to it. He tried again for his spare and knocked down three pins. I cheered for him and that put a happy smile on his face. By the time it was over I had won but I still assured him that for his first time he did amazing. "I like bowling, we should do this more often." He stated. I agreed as we put our shoes on the desk.

After leaving that place we went to a small restaurant to have lunch. While looking through the menu I noticed yet another frown on Jack's face. "Need help?" I asked.

"Sort of," he said. "I'm not sure what to get."

We both looked at the menu together and decided on the same thing. We got some pasta which I haven't had in a while. Not many people were in this place so the food came back pretty quick and tasted really good. "Today was fun, we need to do this more." I said before taking a drink of my water.

"I know, my favorite part is spending time with you." He said making me smile.

"I agree."

We ended up spending the whole day together in town before heading back home. The bunker is quiet yet peaceful and I like that. We ended up making dinner then having a movie night in the living room. Jack had his arms wrapped around me while my head rested comfortably on his shoulder. There is also a warm fuzzy blanket draped over the two of us.

This day couldn't have gotten any better. We had a lot of fun and will definitely be doing this again. I showed him all my favorite movies and even though he didn't like them all he still watched them with me. Next he picked some of his favorites, ones that Sam and Dean have showed him. A lot of the movies Dean likes aren't my personal favorites but I watched them anyway.

When it comes to compromising Jack and I have no problem with that. We understand that both of us like different things. It's one of the many things I love so much about our relationship. During one of the movies we were watching I heard soft snores coming from him and turned to see him sleeping. It put a smile on my face as I turned off the tv and sat up.

"Jack," I whispered as I shook him to wake up. He opened his eyes and looked at the black tv screen then at me. "Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep." He apologized.

"No it's okay, let's go to bed." I assured him. He nodded and followed me to my room where we laid down under the warm blankets. We cuddled close to each other as his arms wrapped protectively around me. "Goodnight, Danielle," he mumbled tiredly.

"Goodnight Jack." I smiled before closing my eyes and drifting off into a deep sleep. Today in my opinion was a good one. One that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.