Chapter 9

"I fell in love with his soul before I ever touched his skin"

Tonight is the night Jack wants to take me out on our first date. I'm honestly more excited than nervous which is a good thing. We're just not really sure what lie to tell the other guys so they don't get suspicious. Sam and Dean are like my brothers and will be very protective about this. Plus I don't think Cas will find this to be a good idea.

It will be the first normal night I have had in probably a long time. I can't even remember the last date I ever went on. Come to think of it I don't think I have been on one. When I was just a child my parents died and that's when John took me in. But when he died the Winchester brothers took me in.

They've been so protective over me my entire life that I've never had a serious relationship with any guy before. So going out with Jack is going to be something new and different for me. A really good kind of different. We waited until everyone was asleep before meeting up in the library.

Since Castiel doesn't sleep we had to wait for him to leave the room before making our break. It sounds sad that we have to do this but to be honest sneaking around gives me a rush that I've never felt before. I like it. When Jack saw me standing there in the library a smile spread on his face.

"Ready?" He asked. I nodded my head and we quietly made our way out of the bunker. Once we stepped outside the cool night air nipped at my cheeks. I didn't know how chilly it would be tonight or I'd of worn a jacket. At least I'm wearing a long sleeve.

We then climbed into my car before I started up the engine and drove off. "So any place specific you wanted to go?" I asked. He frowned trying to think and looked over at me.

"Well I do believe the normal thing to do on dates is go see a movie or maybe dinner." He suggested. A smirk formed on my face with an idea.

"How about dinner first then I'll teach you how to roller skate?" I raised a happy eyebrow at him. He nodded and agreed with me, that sounds like the perfect date. He then looked down confused.

"What's roller skating?" He asked. I smirked.

"Well it's," I frowned trying to think of way to explain this to him. "I'll show you when we get there." I smiled. He only nodded and looked out the window. Soon we pulled up in front of a nice restaurant and got out then made our way inside.

We took our seats as a nice waitress came over to us with menus. "Here you are," she said handing them to us. "I'm Wendy and I'll be your waitress this evening. What drinks can I start you off with tonight?" She asked.

"I'll have your strawberry milkshake," I smiled. She nodded and wrote that down before looking to Jack for an answer. He seemed confused so I ordered for him. "He will have the same thing." I assured her. She nodded and left to get those.

"Does anything on the menu sound good?" I asked him. He shrugged with a frown while looking. Finally, after a few minutes he looked at me while setting his menu down on the table. "I want steak. I've never had that before." He grinned. I smiled and nodded my head.

I'm going to have their classic homemade style cheeseburger with a side of freshly made French fries. We ordered and it didn't come for a while but when it did everything smelt so good. I'm excited to eat it. We made some small talk while eating and actually forgetting our crazy lives for a minute.

"Did you like your food?" I asked and he nodded his head yes. "Same. Tonight has been fun so far."

Later after dinner we left the restaurant to head over to the skating rink. When we got there the man asked for Jack's shoe size and he had no idea which made me smirk. When we did get our roller skates we sat down and laced them up. "Ready?" I asked when I finished with my shoes. He said yes as the two of us stood up.

"So we're going to go out there and skate. Pretty simple. But it's hard at first and something that takes practice. I didn't know how to skate until I turned sixteen." I told him.

"What happens if I fall?" He asked. I chuckled at him.

"Then you get back up and keep trying." I smiled. He grabbed my hand and we went out onto the rink. I held onto his hands while we started out slowly so he could get used to it. He could barely keep his balance so if I were to let go then he'd fall. "I wanna try on my own." He said.

"Are you sure?" I asked and he nodded. I said okay before letting go of him and skating a few feet away. He started skating on his own and gave me a small smile. "Look at me Danielle! I'm doing it!" He cheered before smacking into the wall. My eyes widened and rushed over to help him up.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I helped him stand to his feet.

"Yeah, but I don't think I can do this alone." He stated. I agreed and helped him skate over to the bench. We sat down and took a break to give him a chance to relax. "I think bowling might of been a better option." I sighed.

"What's that?" He asked. I smiled and explained to him what that is. He liked the sound of it.

"We can do that next time." I smiled.

"There's gonna be a next time?" He asked, looking over at me with a smile. I nodded and grabbed his hand before taking him back out to skate. He didn't quite get the hang of it but that's okay. It's only his first time. Later when we got back to the bunker we quietly made our way inside.

"I had fun tonight, thank you for asking me out." I smiled at him.

"Me too and I'm just happy that I got to spend time with you." He said. We hugged before saying goodnight and going to our rooms. Tonight was the most fun I've had in a really long time.