Chapter 5

"I loved you at your darkest"

Ever since Jack decided to leave last night I've been spending all day in bed

Ever since Jack decided to leave last night I've been spending all day in bed. The boys have been trying to get me to go and do something with them but I'm too upset to leave. I can't believe he would leave like that knowing that out of any of us I would have been there for him. He isn't alone. None of us are.

I'm heartbroken over it and I don't want to do anything today except stay in bed. As if on cue there's a knock on my door. Before I could say come in the door opens. Slowly I look to see who it is and find that it's only Sam. He gave me a small smile as he approached my bed and sat down.

"I'm going to look for Jack. Wanna go?" He asked. Honestly no I don't want to do anything today but finding Jack is my...our number one priority. So yeah I'm going to help Sam.

"Sure just let me get ready first." I smiled. He nodded and left the room so I could change. It took about ten minutes before I got completely ready then the two of us left. Dean wouldn't go because he doesn't believe in Jack like the rest of us.

Cas stayed behind so he could talk some sense into Dean. Hopefully he's able to because I'm sick of his attitude. Once we were on the road Sam had me look for possible leads while he drove. It took hours and we found absolutely nothing. By that time we stopped at a motel and decided to get some rest.

Only I wasn't able to sleep so I kept researching while Sam did. It started giving me a headache so I got up and took a walk outside to clear my head. On my walk I passed a diner that looked to be open so I headed inside and took a seat. Right after ordering a coffee I hear the bell above the door ring.

My eyes widened when I saw who walked in. It's Jack. He looked at me and sighed before coming to join me at the table. "Hey," I mumbled.

"Hey." He repeated. There was this awkward silence between us as he stared at me sadly. I'm tempted to ask him why he would leave like that even though I know the answer. But I'm going to order him some food and let him explain what's he's been doing since he left last night.

"Are you hungry?" I sighed and grabbed my menu. "They have burgers, steak, breakfast food-" I started but he cut me off short.

"Danielle we both know I didn't come here to eat. I just want to explain why I did what I did." He said. I set the menu down and looked up at him, waiting for him to talk. "I'm sorry I left like that but I need some time. It's like everything I touch falls apart."

"Jack you don't have to do this alone. We're here for you," I assured him but he didn't believe me.

"Really? Because last time I checked Dean wasn't too fond of me," he stated. I rolled my eyes at the mention of Dean's name. I don't understand why he has to be so hard on Jack like that.

"Please come home. Let me be there for you. I can help you through this. I know it's hard, life's hard sometimes Jack but something that helps me is being surrounded by the people I love." I told him. He sat there giving it some thought and sighed.

"Fine okay. As long as your with me, every step of the way." He gave me a slight smile. Finally, a waitress came over to us and took our orders. Sam is going to be so excited to see that I've got Jack to come back home.

After eating we headed back to the motel where we found Sam sitting at the table. The moment he saw Jack his eyes widened and he stood to his feet. "I'm ready to come home." Jack told Sam.

"That's great, we'll leave in the morning."

The next day we left to go back to the bunker where Cas and Dean waited. Cas thanked me a million times for getting Jack back and Dean pulled me aside to talk. "You need to be careful when left alone with him." He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Seriously? You haven't even given him a chance."

"Because he's lucifers son! I'm not going to tell you again Danielle!" He yelled at me.

"It shouldn't matter who his parents are Dean! He is nothing like Lucifer. I see more of Kelly in him than anything else. Now for once in your life can you stop acting like someone's father and start being a decent human being?" I glared before leaving.

I closed my bedroom door and leaned against it. I covered my face with my hands and took in a deep breath. How am I going to convince Dean that Jack isn't a bad person? It's like he can't see anything other than what he wants to see.

I decided to shut my mind off and take a much needed shower. This day can't get any worse. I'm just happy Jack is home, where he belongs.