Chapter 3

"You and me. It's a forever kind of thing"

Today Sam and Dean are supposed to be coming back from their hunt so Jack and I decided to look for a new one

Today Sam and Dean are supposed to be coming back from their hunt so Jack and I decided to look for a new one. They should be back any minute now. Dean called me earlier saying they weren't far away. Getting to spend this time with Jack alone has been good for me. It helped me get to know the person he's becoming.

If Kelly saw the amazing boy she gave birth to, she'd be so happy. He's kind and compassionate just like she wanted him to be. I looked up from my computer to see him looking extremely focused on his. It made me smirk, which he noticed when he looked up at me. "Is there something wrong?" He asked.

I shook my head no and grinned at him. "You just seemed so focused on what your doing that's all."

"Well yeah I found this case in-" he started telling me only for him to get cut off by the door opening. Dean's voice echoed through the bunker and we smiled at each other. I closed my computer and watched as Sam and Dean entered the room.

"How was the case?" I asked them as Jack stared intently at the computer screen.

"It was good," Dean began as he walked over to the table. I frowned seeing Sam and Dean looking extra happy about something. This case must of went really well if they're happy because lately we've had a rough go of things, especially with Cas dying and Mary gone.

"What's got you guys so smiley?" I asked them and Sam looked down at the floor with a smirk. Suddenly there were footsteps and both Jack and I looked over to see Cas walk into the room. My eyes widened and just about filled with tears. There's no way he's back, not after Lucifer killed him.

"Hello Jack, Danielle." He greeted us.

"Castiel?" Jack frowned confused.

"Yeah, it's me." Cas sighed. Without another word I stood and embraced him in a tight hug. He hugged me back tightly and it felt good to have him back. "I missed you Cas," I whispered before pulling away. "It's good to have you back." I said. He nodded as he gave me a small smile.

"No," Jack said as he stood from his seat. "We burned your body and whats burned stays dead." He frowned. "How?"

"That's the question we've been asking?" Dean chimed in.

"Jack did you uhm...did you bring Cas back?" Sam asked. I started putting it together and he possibly could have. I mean he's a Nephilim and we're still not really sure what he's capable of. Even Jack himself is still trying to figure himself out and where he belongs.

"I don't know. I wanted him back, I...begged for him to come back. But..."

"Well here he is," Dean said as Jack continued to look at Cas confused.

"Because of me?" He asked.

"We don't know. We don't know Jack. But we-we think maybe." Sam spoke up. I looked between Cas and Jack and felt so happy to have him back and finally getting to meet Jack.

"Thank you Jack." Cas slightly smiled.

"I missed you so much." Jack smiled as he pulled Cas in for a hug. He hugged him back and it made me smile. This is all Jack has wanted ever since being born. He's wanted to meet Cas. I looked over at Dean and he gave me an assuring look.

"Sam and Dean tell me your doing well." Cas spoke up after they pulled away from the hug. That made Jack smile as he looked at Cas.

"I am," he stepped back with a grin on his face. "Watch this." He told as he went to the table and began to levitate the pencil. We all had frowns on our faces as we watched what Jack can do. Although Deans look isn't confusion it's skepticism. "I can move the pencil." Jack smiled widely, so proud of himself.

It's honestly so innocent and adorable. I love it. "And I found a case, a hunters case." Jack said while he sat down. We gathered around the table and I looked at the screen to see what he found. "What kind of-" Dean started only for Jack to cut him short.

"Zombies!"

He seemed so proud of what he said that it made me smirk. He looked over at Cas and whispered "I know what zombies are now."

This boy only gets cuter and cuter by the day. The more he learns, it reminds me of when Cas was new to the whole human experience. I taught Cas so many things that he didn't understand. "You see." He smiled.

"Wait when did you learn how to do that?" Dean asked.

"Well by watching you and Sam and Danielle." He explained. "Three days ago a vintage pocket watch with a personal inscription was sold at a pawn shop. But when they went to authenticate it they found out that it'd been buried with its owner 20 years ago." He started explaining this case to us.

"And when they checked out the grave, it was empty. Which means...the dead are rising in Dodge City, Kansas." He finished feeling so proud of himself. It's quite impressive if you ask me. It took me a while to be able to research the way he just did. Sam and Dean had to teach me.

We all exchanged looks in an uncomfortable silence until Sam spoke up. "Right. O-or maybe it's a grave robbery but-" he started but got cut off.

"Oh." Jack said.

"Yeah but we should probably check it out." Dean agreed with Jack and I nodded.

"Wait really?" Cas asked.

"Yeah, we've done more on less. Besides Dodge City is kind of uh, kind of awesome." Dean said making me look at him with a smirk. He grinned back at me. "All right well three salty hunters, one half angel kid, and a dude who just came back from the dead. Again. Team free will 2.0. Here we go!" Dean smiled excitedly.

"Hells yeah!" I chuckled which got Jack happy. This is going to be a really fun case to work on.