Chapter 21

"Not to brag but I think we're really cute together"

Cas and I stepped foot onto the crime scene while looking around for any clues that Sam and Dean might have missed. Like I predicted last night I'm completely tired from staying up late. Dean went to speak with the widow while Sam and Jack went to hunt down this monster. Meanwhile, Cas and I are responsible for finding clues.

He let out a frustrated sigh as he examined a tree that seemed to have claw marks in it. No Wendigo would do something like this so it has to be something else. I stepped closer, squinting my eyes to see better. Even if a Wendigo could do this it doesn't look like that's the thing we're dealing with.

"Cas we might be dealing with a different kind of monster," I started nervously. The two of us shared worried glances before he stepped away to call Dean. Maybe it's a werewolf we're dealing with or something entirely different. Whatever it is we need to figure it out fast before it can hurt anyone else.

When he finished the phone call he told me that Dean wants us all to meet up at the local diner we saw yesterday. We arrived at the diner before getting out and making our way inside to meet with Sam, Dean, and Jack. They were already discussing our monster as we sat down at the table with them.

"Could it be a werewolf?" Dean asked.

"Maybe, or it could be something totally different," Sam shrugged as he looked out the window, trying to think of anything else. We sat in that restaurant for about an hour and a half before the five of us went back to the woods to try and find traces of a Wolf.

As we searched there was this sound coming from behind us. It sounded like the crunching of leaves. My body froze but I turned around and saw nothing. I shared glances with Dean before we went to investigate. Nothing was found so we sighed and turned back around only to come face to face with a werewolf.

"Called it," I mumbled, earning a glare from Dean. "I didn't bring any type of weapons to kill this thing." I said. I looked to Dean and saw he hadn't either so pretty much we're screwed. Sam, Cas, and Jack aren't near us because we all split up. It's only Dean, me, and the weapons we already have on us.

"You go back to the car and get my machete while I distract the thing." He told me and I immediately started to disagree.

"Dean no, I'm not leaving you alone." I protested.

"Danielle I'll be fine for a few minutes. Just go." He ordered. I sighed and rushed back to the car while he distracted the werewolf. Once getting there I opened the trunk and found exactly what I'm looking for then ran back to Dean. Upon arriving I found Dean being pinned to the ground about to get his heart clawed out.

My eyes widened and I rushed over to him, decapitating the monster on top of him. Blood splattered all over the both of us but we didn't care as long as it's dead. The wolfs body fell lifelessly to the ground as I helped Dean up. "Nice work." He groaned while wiping the blood off his face.

"Yeah, we should probably go tell the others." I said and he nodded. We ended up finding them back at the car. "Where were you guys?" I asked them.

"We could ask you two the same thing? What happened?" Sam asked confused.

"Danielle and I killed the werewolf that killed that poor woman. While we were busy finishing this hunt, what the hell were you guys doing?" Dean asked.

"Well we were looking for clues but got lost and started to try and find you two." Cas informed us.

"You guys are covered in blood," Jack said, stating the obvious. Dean rolled his eyes and put his weapons back into the trunk of his car.

"Let's just go back to the hotel and get our things please. I want to go home." Dean grumbled. After getting back to the hotel Dean and I cleaned ourselves up then we left to head back home. Preparing for the long ride, I rested my head on Jack's shoulder causing him to wrap an arm around me.

He pulled my body closer to his and it felt nice to relax for a moment. The case is over and the monster of the week is dead. Other than that girl dying I'd say this case was a success. I just wish we were able to save her. "Not that I got to see you in action but you did good today." Jack whispered to me.

"Thank you. But no worries, you didn't miss much." I grinned up at him. He smiled and kissed my forehead before resting his head on top of mine. I probably slept for at least three maybe four hours then I was up for a while after that. When we got back home all five of us were exhausted and ready for bed.

My body felt so tired that I couldn't even find the strength to shower. All I did was put on some pajamas then crawled into bed where I almost instantly fell asleep. I'm ready to sleep for the next 24 hours, until my body is recharged and ready for the next hunt.