Chapter 16 Part 2 - "The Ominous Blood Jade"

....

Shen Zhiyan and Murong Ci went into the jade shop together, and the shopkeeper greeted them enthusiastically when he saw that they were rich and wealthy.

Murong Ci took out two Blood Jade.
The black-red blood stain on it had been cleaned and the shape is like a quail egg.
The jade is dark red like blood, and the lines are as clear as branches.
She asked:

"The shopkeeper, have you seen this kind of Blood Jade recently?
Or do you have this kind of Blood Jade in your shop?"

The shopkeeper picked up the Blood Jade and looked at it carefully at the sunlight outside,

"This blood jade is extremely rare.
Although our shop once sold Blood Jade, that kind of Blood Jade is not the same as the one in the Lord's hand.
This shop doesn't sell Blood Jade now."

"As far as you know, have any other jade shop sold this kind of Blood Jade?"
Shen Zhiyan asked.

"I don't know the details of other shops."
The shopkeeper replied,

"But I can tell you for sure that these two Blood Jade are high-quality goods and are of great value."

"Can you see where it was produced?"
Murong Ci didn't have the time to ask the old jadesmith in the Palace, so he could only ask after returning to the Palace.

"I have been trading jade for many years, but I really don't know the origin of them in details or where Blood Jade are produced."
The shopkeeper dodged his eyes and didn't want to say more.

Shen Zhiyan took out Dali Temple's waist card from his arms, shook it in front of him, and asked again seriously:

"Dali Temple is investigating a case, you can say whatever you know, so speak out now."

The shopkeeper was shocked, and then said:

"We rarely sell Blood Jade in this business. First, because Blood Jade is extremely rare, and second, because Blood Jade is ominous.
If a guest wants Blood Jade, our boss will go to collect Blood Jade elsewhere."

Murong Ci glanced at Shen Zhiyan and frowned slightly,

"Why do you say Blood Jade is ominous?"

"The origin of Blood Jade is related to the corpse and burial."
The shopkeeper lowered his voice and said mysteriously,

"Whenever the member of a rich family has died, the jade is buried with them.
The family stuffed the jade by the dead body."

"It is also a quite common practice to bury the dead with jade in their mouth..."

Shen Zhiyan's eyebrows tightened slightly.

"But it is heard that some of the jade in the mouth of the dead will fall into the throat and enter the body.
After hundreds or thousands of years have passed, the dead blood of the corpse has soaked the jade, and the blood slowly flows into the jade heart, thus forming a dark red and brown red blood jade.
The blood jade in the bones is the most precious, but also the most ominous."
The shopkeeper said.

"Is it possible for the blood obtained in the jade to flow out later?"
Murong Ci asked again, considering it.

"Generally not.
Since I was a kid, I followed my boss to do jade sales, and I have never heard of it."
The shopkeeper replied.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 16 PART 2
.....................to be continued