Chapter 2 Part 3 - "Taking Responsibilities"

....

On this day, Murong Ci leaned lazily on the chaise couch without saying a word until dusk.

Qin Ruo rushed in, looking slightly flustered,
"His Royal Highness, something has happened."

Murong Ci bluffed and jumped up,
"What's the matter?"

"The Willow Leaf Alley and Peach Flower Alley have been cleared up."

Qin Ruo said gravely.

"What?"

Murong Ci suddenly stood up, his eyes flickering,
"Murong Yu did it?"

Qin Ruo nodded solemnly.

*SNAP*

Murong flicked his sleeves heavily,
"Ruyi, help me to change my clothes."

Qin Ruo persuaded:
"His Royal Highness, you can't go out at such a moment! It's too risky!"

Ruyi gave her a wink, which meant to say:

'Who can stop or change something that His Highness has decided?'

Not long after, Murong Ci dressed up as a woman, put on a veiled mask, and walked to the study.
There is a secret passage in the study that leads directly to the outside of the palace, and every time she secretly leaves the palace, she goes out through the secret passage.

'How could they detect the position of the Peach Flower Alley?'

The private house of the Peach Flower Alley is very ordinary.
From the outside, you will never find anything hidden inside, so the only explanation was that they successfully got killer No. 3's confession.

......

The house was messy and dirty.
It was obvious that a fierce fighting had taken place there, but the corpses of her people were all cleaned up, leaving only black blood stains everywhere.
This place is the result of her five years of business, and is used to train female killers, just like the house in Willow Leaf Alley.
Unexpectedly, her failed plan had buried most of her people at once.
Suddenly, tears burst into her eyes.
She clenched her fists and the joints snapped.

'Murong Yu!'

Then a sudden noise startled her.
Murong Ci flew up to the roof quickly, when she saw a person standing by the wall below.
The black and vast figure of a man appeared from a cold wind of March, and the fair face was as cold as iron.

'Murong Yu!'

....

He did not move, nor did she move.
She had to admit that the handsome features of his iron-like face and the blood on the battlefield, made him look harsh and tough, and that was the kind of brutality and cruelty that belonged to the army commander which was also something she would have never had told of herself.

Murong Yu remembered her appearance. She was the cold and charming woman he had spent the last night with.
Under the shining sunlight of spring, she was even more beautiful and brighter than last night.

"Can the girl tell her name to this king?"

Recalling the ecstasy of last night, his muscles and bones became soft and his heart surged.
He laughed at himself, but he didn't expect that he would one day.