Chapter 56 Part 1 - "Desperate"

....

His words were like a sharp blade that pierced through the people's hearts and a sharp sword that penetrated into the souls.

Murong Chang's heart was in severe pain, blood ran down, and she was tortured to perfection.
Her eyebrows were sour and tears poured out, but she was holding her head up with her neck, and the tears were stored in her eye sockets, refusing to make them fall.

Her stubborn pride supported her spine, adding a bit of tragic and moving charm.
Her slender and beautiful eyelashes were filled with tears, becoming dyed with moist mist, and her eyes waved like broken feathers.
Her heart was broken like left in a silent shadow.

She was so delicate and tender, that any other man in this world feel pity and care for her when seeing such a scene.
He alone was still cold and unmoved.

"The Prince Regent is so strong,...
Is his heart as hard as iron as well?"
Murong Chang still didn't give up, and gradually drained her tears back.

"The Princesses of the past dynasties had no real power, no official role in the political matters, but there are exceptions.
The Prince is very wise and should know!

Although the Prince Regent is recognized by everyone in terms of who fits the best in governing the Country now, in the long terms the Crown Prince still represents the peace and stability of our dynasty.
However, as long as this Princess says a few words to the Emperor Father and intercede for the Prince Regent, you will become more powerful and prosperous, and will never be left aside."

"This King has no concerns about what the Princess is saying.
Moreover, if I intended to obtain anything, I'd never benefit from the help of a woman, and only rely on my own power to obtain it."
A trace of disdain flew from the corners of his proud and arrogant body.

"It's this Princess's fault for saying the wrong thing."
She sniffed her nose.
At this point, she'd rather bear this humiliation, as long as she could get him!

"By marrying this Princess, it will make the Prince even more prestigious and prosperous, and your honor and favor will increase even more.
After the marriage, if the Prince wants to have many other Consorts or Concubines, this Princess won't object it!
Even if the Prince loves those Concubines the most, this Princess won't say a word."

"Why is the Princess so dignified and imperturbable?
This King believes that there are many other people who are more suitable for the Princess than me."

"The Prince really doesn't want to think about it carefully?"
Murong Chang stared at him.

The Royal King's handsome face was full of coldness as if those beautiful black eyes were thousands of miles away, and would never accept her.

'I begged him in such a low and weak voice,
gave up my pride in this way,
and even accepted other Concubines,
all this, in order to marry him,
but he was still unmoved...'

Despair invaded her all over, like her heart was pulled out of her chest.

Murong Yu gently shook his head and said,

"The Princess deserves the pity and care of an excellent man."

She turned around and left, with her tears pouring down like rain and falling into the cold ground.
But suddenly she stopped in front of the Study Room's door and closed it with both hands.

She wiped away her tears, exhaled profoundly, then pulled the ribbon around her waist, loosening her summer robe, and slowly turned around.

Her complexion was sorrowful but also dyed with the sunrise light piercing through the clouds.
The first rays of the morning glow bloomed on her cheeks, shining delicately in golden and red colors.
The beautifully curved snow-white neck, the soft and delicate shoulders, the delicate and beautiful clavicle.
Her appearance was like a flower in full bloom in a spring day, shining in bright light and compelling with scorching eyes, quietly waiting for the winter day to come.

Murong Yu turned around calmly and said softly,

"Princess, don't be confused.
No one can threaten this King."

"The reputation of this Princess has now been ruined.
I can no longer marry others.
The Prince Regent should think about it carefully."
Murong Chang's voice returned to normal, crisp as pearls.

Her whole muscles and bones froze up as cold as snow in the dim light and shadows, just like the fragrant and noble Yugao(="evening faces") Gourd flower floating on the cold icy water.

After that, Murong Chang fixed her clothes, and left.
Murong Yu's dark eyes narrowed coldly as he watched her walk away.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 56 PART 1
.....................to be continued