Chapter 19 Part 1 - "Dead Dogs"

....

Murong Ci curled her lips mockingly,

"Maybe the Prince Regent should spend some time at disciplining Princess Duanrou so as not to run to the East Palace every now and then."

He watched her leave, his sword-like eyebrows raised, and the gloom face faded.

Back to the East Palace, Murong Ci changed clothes and had a meal, and then left the East Palace from the secret road, heading to Shuyuxuan Restaurant.
That was because she received a secret letter from Rong Zhan.

Shuyuxuan Restaurant was the most private and beautiful Manor in the city, with blue bricks and grey tiles and marvelous pavilions.
Each elegant room was separated by a certain distance to allow privacy.
Rong Zhan had already made tea, and when he saw Murong Ci opening the door, he got up to greet her.

The elegant rooms were very elegantly arranged: the paintings, the calligraphy on the walls and the bonsai flowers created an elegant and distant mood.

Rong Zhan smiled happily and poured two cups of tea.

"It's really weird these days.
It's so chaotic."

Murong Ci drank the tea, and said

"I asked you to investigate.
Is there any result?"

"Owner, take your breath."
His eyebrows were filled with a bright smile,

"This Cherry snack is a must try specialty of Shuyuxuan Restaurant. Give it a try."

"I'm not hungry.
Just say it."

"I sent all the staff from the World's Greatest Manor to investigate, and they didn't find out any households had disappeared or died, but there was an unexpected gain."
He sold it off.

"What is it?"
She was worried and glared at him.

"Five dogs died, and they died in a peculiar way.
The blood was fully drained."
Rong Zhan asked gossiping,

"Owner, what are you investigating?"

"Dog blood..."
Murong Ci's eyebrows furrowed tighter.

'Five dogs were killed and their blood drained...
Is it related to the blood rain this morning?
It can't be just a coincidence.
It must be related to it!'

'However, how was it possible to bring so much dog blood into the Emperor Father's Qingyuan Hall?
And how to make it look like blood rain?'

'If someone is doing tricks in the Qingyuan Hall, how can they avoid the eyes and ears of the guards?'

A series of mysteries were stuck in her mind, and the more she thought about it, the more suspicious it became.

"Owner, ...owner..."
Rong Zhan snapped twice when he saw her in a daze.

"I'm okay."
Murong Ci returned to his senses and took a bite of the Cherry Snack.
The flavor was quite unique and delicious.

"Owner, has something happened in the Palace recently?"
He saw that she was out of her mind today, and felt that something serious must have happened.

"Yeah."
She suddenly thought of something.
Her eyes lit up,

"Did you hear about the songs sung by children in the capital these past two days?"

"Did the owner forget?
The World's Greatest Manor collects capable people and Masters from all over the world.
Among these capable people, there are those who know everything about the world, let alone the things in Luoyang City."
Rong Zhan was questioned by the owner, which made him a little upset,

"The owner must have been overwhelmed for the past two days and didn't notice for a while."

Murong Ci's thoughts were not on this, and his eyebrows were condensed:

"That ballad should have been spread by someone.
You send people to find out where it came from."

He nodded,

"I will send someone to investigate, but if the person behind the scenes is deliberately hidden, I believe it will not be easy to find.
What happened in the Palace?
Can I help in any way?"

She thought for a moment, and her bright eyes flashed an urgent light,

"It rained early this morning, and the rain from the eaves of Qingyuan Hall was red, like a bloody rain.
A few servants witnessed it.
Several servants looked at the roof of the temple but nothing unusual was found."

Rong Zhan's smiling face became serious,

"There is such a strange and absurd thing.
Do you think this was artificially plotted?"

Murong nodded with her eyes solemn,

"How could someone manage to make blood rain from the Emperor Father's Qingyuan Hall?"

"This thing is strange and interesting.
If I think of anything, I should tell the owner immediately."
He was a little excited.

The steward of the world's Greatest Manor didn't have so much to do.
He was extremely bored in truth.
That's why, such weird and absurd things were for him very exciting.
Just the idea of investigating things and finding the culprit was thrilling:

'How could he not get excited?'

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 19 PART 1
.....................to be continued