Chapter 30 Part 3 - "The Princess is Back"

....

Shen Zhiyan came to the East Palace and
talked secretly with Murong Ci in the study for half an hour before leaving.

In the past two days, the Dali Temple had been investigating, but unfortunately no new clues had been found, and the case had stalled.

Murong Ci resigned to visit her father, and it happened that Concubine Xiao was also there.

Murong Cheng was still recuperating on the dragon couch, but his energy was better, and his eyes were much clearer than the previous days.

Seeing the Prince had came to visit him, he was very happy and smiled cheerfully.
Murong Ci sighed secretly.

'If the Emperor Father knew what had happened recently, he would be shocked, maybe he would vomit blood and faint in anger.'

Therefore, she had still decided to keep hiding it from her Father.

Concubine Xiao came in with a glass cup, smiling like a fiery red summer flower swaying on the branch under the scorching sun,

"Your Majesty, this is the golden sacred fruit especially prepared by this Consort. Your Majesty, please try it."

Murong Cheng smiled and said,

"Okay."

Murong Cheng was sitting on the side of the dragon couch, and Concubine Xiao sat in front of him, pressing her legs on him.
Murong Ci had to stand aside watching the scene.

Concubine Xiao fed Murong Cheng personally,

"What does Your Majesty think about the taste?
Does Your Majesty like it?"

"It's tasty, smooth and refreshing, sweet but not greasy, I like it."
He smiled and said,

"What is this made of?"

"It's snowberry fruit, a kind of fruit bred from the permanent snow orchid flower on the top of the snowy mountains in the West Qin Kingdom.
It blooms and bears once every ten years.
A single snow orchid bears only seven or eight fruits."

"Therefore, it is extremely precious.
One have to wait for ten years to eat it again!
Each snowberry is as big as an egg, and the appearance is crystal clear, like the smile of the Concubines of South Vietnam."

"However, the snowberry is not as sweet as the smile of this Consort.
It is a holy product for clearing away heat and detoxifying.
This Consort sent people to the West Qin Kingdom to search secretly, and it took a lot of effort to get three fruits."

"The Imperial Concubine is really capable, and even the tribute fruit that the Western Qin Imperial Family can hardly eat can be found and dedicated to the Emperor Father."
Murong Ci smiled, slightly sarcastically.

"In order for Your Majesty to recover as soon as possible, this Consort is willing to do anything."
Concubine Xiao's eyes slanted, and she was instantly happy.

"Your Majesty, this Consort was worried that the cook in the Royal Dining Room would not prepare it properly, and this precious snowberry would be wasted.
Therefore, this Consort spent a lot of time in the Royal Dining Room from last night to today in order to make this golden syrup."

"I understand, what do you wish in return?"
Murong Cheng patted her tender hands, clearly moved.

"Your Majesty, Princess Zhaohua has returned to Beijing the other day."
She lowered her eyes shyly, then raised her eyes again and laughed,

"Your Majesty has been sick in bed for a long time now.
And now that Princess Zhaohua has returned to Beijing again, this Consort has thought that the Palace has not been lively for quite a while."

"Princess Zhaohua will host a banquet to entertain the clan and the important officials of the court.
If Your Majesty is in good spirits, how about taking part in the banquet for a while, chatting with the Concubines and officials?"

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 30 PART 3
.....................to be continued